✅ SOLVED Any Idea On This Makers Mark????

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: ARC
Thank you so much. 👍 I wonder why the the “W”?

You're welcome. I don't know what the W is for. It's not for their location, which was in the Turtle Bay neighbourhood of Manhattan. They did purchase new premises in Woodside, Queens but that was in 1952 and the 'SW' mark had been in use for almost ten years before that.
I believe they were manufacturers for the trade rather than retail jewellers, so maybe it just stands for 'Works/Workshop' or 'Wholesale' (?)

Upvote 2
You're welcome. I don't know what the W is for. It's not for their location, which was in the Turtle Bay neighbourhood of Manhattan. They did purchase new premises in Woodside, Queens but that was in 1952 and the 'SW' mark had been in use for almost ten years before that.
I believe they were manufacturers for the trade rather than retail jewellers, so maybe it just stands for 'Works/Workshop' or 'Wholesale' (?)
This is what I love about Tnet. I’ve learned more here over the years than I did in school. Thanks again for that info. 👍
-MM-

Upvote 1
Me too.

I found a 1950 ad for the company, which says "Through Wholesalers Only":

View attachment 2124076
That is fantastic!! That’s my two rings in the second and third pictures.
I’m going to do my post later today. I will include that ad in my post. Thanks so much. 👍

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back