✅ SOLVED Any help with ID? Two items..Plate/badge and coin-ish looking thing maybe token?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out early this morning for a couple hours to my trusty dusty clad park and up popped these two items within two feet of each other. Any ideas as to what they may be? The first looks to be a badge or plate of some sort...the back is flat and the writing starting at the top says "1912, I'm Broke are you? , Lets Shake" then a picture of a two hands shaking and finally at the bottom it says "Aint it tough". I did some google searches and nothing pops up. That said, 1912 was an election year. Is it possible this may have something to do with the election of 1912?

IMG_0838.JPG

If you look at the picture of the coin thing...its very thick and heavy. It is as high as two nickels stacked atop one another. I put a penny next to it to help show the size. It rang up as a solid nickel on my E-trac. The other side has the same symbol but is in real bad condition.

IMG_0840.JPG

Last edited:
I would guess the "I'm broke" thing is from the depression era - but that's ONLY a guess!

The sailboat? Ain't even got a clue, but very interesting!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the direction. I think you may be right on it possibly being a watch fob. I was wondering what the hole at the top might have been and now it makes sense.

Upvote 0
The Great Depression wasn't until the 1930's, so if 1912 is in fact the date then......

Upvote 0
Where do you get "19"12? I don't see a number or part of a number in the left corner.

Upvote 0
Where do you get "19"12? I don't see a number or part of a number in the left corner.

Yes the picture does not show it very well...here is a better pic from a different angle.

IMG_0847.JPG

Upvote 0
Maybe that slotted hole at the top is to fit it on a shirt button.

Great finds!

Upvote 0
Nickel sailboat looks like it could be a game token. Just a guess, though.

I was thinking token as well. But, its so thick and heavy. Maybe a game piece? If not, it is now! I have a Monopoly game that this will work perfect on.

Upvote 0
I think you solved it. I am house broken, how about you, lets shake our tails on it .lol

It's a pretty sound thought but the slot on top is not like any dog tag i have seen. i just went thru several hundred pics on the net looking at dog tags and every one of them has a small round hole at the top.

Upvote 0
IMO... This is a "commerce" fob.

This would be given as a business promo.

Upvote 0
IMO... This is a "commerce" fob.

This would be given as a business promo.

I was leaning in the watch fob direction but i think your right! Everything points to commerce. A mans word and handshake back in 1912 was as good as a signature is today. It may have been a fob to promote business partnerships. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0
Awesome finds anyway!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes its better to have a could be to make you wonder!!!

Upvote 0
Awesome finds anyway!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes its better to have a could be to make you wonder!!!

Indeed, its the thrill of the hunt and in some cases the thrill of solving a puzzle.

Upvote 0
AARC is correct, that's just bound to be a commerce related watch fob.

Nice find too!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back