Any help on an Unknown Religous medal? Solved!!!!

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this piece a couple of years ago, and was in the process of cleaning some of my old jewelry up tonight, and noticed this little angel item. I've looked on the net for it, but didn't find it, or any information on the intitials that are stamped on the back. It's a heavy little piece, but I'm not sure that it's silver. It's odd shaped, and does not have any holes or what looks like a place where a pin would have been attached. The initials stamped in the back are "V + K" I'm guessing that it is a Catholic medal of some type, but I really don't know. The first picture with the quarter is to give you some idea as to the size. Anyone know anything about this piece, I would appreciate the info. Sorry about the louzy photos, but I think that you will get the general idea. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Unknown 1.jpg
    Unknown 1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Unknown2.jpg
    Unknown2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Unknown 3.jpg
    Unknown 3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 302
Re: Any help on an Unknown Religous medal?

I have seen these in baskets at the checkout counters at hospital gift shops and gift shops at the coast. They said that they are guardian angels and you just rub or hold them. Just a guess but that's what it looks like to me.

Upvote 0

My mother has several of these she bought at the local hospital gift shop. Just what frog said, guardian angels for purse or pocket.

Upvote 0

Yep - got one sitting in a drawer around the house somewhere exactly like it. Not sure where it even came from - someone gave it to my wife at some point. I have also seen them in bowls at checkout counters in retail stores.

Upvote 0

Thanks guys. It makes perfect sense to me now. I'll have to keep my eyes open the next time that I visit a hospital.

I knew that someone on this board would be able to help.

Happy huntin all..........

Upvote 0

frogwizard said:
I have seen these in baskets at the checkout counters at hospital gift shops and gift shops at the coast. They said that they are guardian angels and you just rub or hold them. Just a guess but that's what it looks like to me.
mastereagle22 said:
My mother has several of these she bought at the local hospital gift shop. Just what frog said, guardian angels for purse or pocket.
Right you are. Here on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/5-ANGELS-Solid-...ZWedding_Party_Supplies?hash=item250313838052

Attachments

• angelsmany.jpg
    angelsmany.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 190
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back