Any good hunting areas in NC?

Frostgrim

Jul 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there!

I'm a new member and joined to ask if there are any arrowhead hunting areas in the central/piedmont areas in NC that others may know of.

After a recent trip to the Rockies, I found the following and now my son (8) and I are really wanting to go searching for more!

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to respond here or message directly if you prefer.

Thanks!

20190729_101139.jpg

20190729_101122.jpg

Upvote 0
Welcome to T-net:hello: The state of NC is rich in artifacts so you need to do is some home work. Ask landowners for permission to hunt their land and it never hurts to have your son with you, because some folks can't turn down the smile of a child. Go to a local museum and see what's found in the area, just be sure before you get on some ones land that you have permission and respect the land and the land owner. Good luck.!!!!!!!!

Welcome to TreasureNet Frostgrim.

Monsterrack's advice is as good as I can give as well. You may want keep an eye out for any Native American Relic shows in your area or other antique shows. Sometimes you can make some good contacts with the people attending. Good luck!

Awesome, will do! Thanks to both of you for the response!

@ncfieldhunter used to frequent the site and found quite a bit in the area. He took me and my kids out several times and we had very productive hunts. I have a video of my 4 year old pulling out a great serrated bifurcate.

Leave your house, drive 5 minutes out of any town, in any direction, stop and get out and you are probably within feet of a point, flake or pottery shard. I know that is a stretch but any flat field, creek or river bank is rich with them. I have even found them in church parking lots, cemeteries. You are in a rich environment, you and your son are in for a treat. Remember permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back