Any chance these initials are JFK?

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Found this ring last weekend. These pics were taken prior to cleaning, but it is yellow gold, probably 10k.

There is an inscription in the band, but I can't tell exactly what they are. The first two look like J and F, but the third could be a K, H, or maybe even an R where the top worn off. There's also "from" initials, but those are almost gone. I can post those later to see if we can figure those out too.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• initials closeup orig.jpg
    initials closeup orig.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 115
  • initials closeup.jpg
    initials closeup.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 184
Appears to be "To J. F K. or J. F. H. from" Congrats on finding a gold ring! Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
I see To: J.F.K. Whats the whole ring look like?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, and thanks Ant for the link! I felt a little bad starting a second thread about the same ring but I didn't want to have too many questions at once about it. Now, is there any way if it is JFK, to even try to determine if it's THE JFK? I know it's a .00000000001% chance, but things like this is what keep us going!

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, and thanks Ant for the link! I felt a little bad starting a second thread about the same ring but I didn't want to have too many questions at once about it. Now, is there any way if it is JFK, to even try to determine if it's THE JFK? I know it's a .00000000001% chance, but things like this is what keep us going!

Any clues - and pics - for the other initials?

Upvote 0
The trick is providing provenance.

My ex and I lost property through a burglary and had a problem with the insurance company.

Eventually, we found pictures provided by family and friends of my wife wearing certain jewelry and of me using several guns.

Upvote 0
Can you take another/or have another picture of the initials as it almost looks like the last letter is part of a longer name.

Upvote 0
Ok, tried taking more close-up pics. In one of them, the last initial looks more like an H than anything. The "from" person may be AMB? But unfortunately the ring looks to have been worn for a while before being lost, so it's pretty worn.

See if these help any!

Attachments

• Closeup of TO and from.jpg
    Closeup of TO and from.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 91
  • cropped FROM.jpg
    cropped FROM.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 92
  • last initial and from closeup.jpg
    last initial and from closeup.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 91
  • really good one resized.jpg