🔎 UNIDENTIFIED antique mini teaset

KROLL

Sep 21, 2023

Attachments

• TSET.jpg
    TSET.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 40
this mini teaset was handed down from my great grandmother. must be approx 200 years old. any ideas as to the value?
Someone here on Tnet might know just by looking at it but definitely post pictures of the bottom marks.

Upvote 1
Marker's mark, and size is needed.
I know from selling glassware yrs ago that the sets were valued more in an even number.
So looking at your set there is a miss matched cup (replacement-but different)
If putting the value on the set take it out + one other and have a set of 4 cups.

Upvote 1
Welcome to Tnet.

Showing us any marks on the bottoms would be really helpful as said above and confirmation of whether 'mini' means the set is child-sized/doll-sized.

In the absence of any more information, it looks to me like blue lustreware of the kind commonly produced in Japan by Noritake and others for export to the West (both full-size and child-size). Neither the profile of the items nor the handle shapes would suggest them to be 200 years old and they are more likely vintage, perhaps bordering on antique.

I'm not seeing a mismatched cup. Is it not just that the scrollwork decoration is on one side only and one of the cups doesn't show it because its facing the other way?.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back