002 (1024x577).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 003 (1024x575).jpg
    003 (1024x575).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 006 (1024x575).jpg
    006 (1024x575).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 76
It's called a pan fixture. It would have had four cups (shade holders) hanging from the 4 arms.
I've never seen one with a "flat" glass shade for the main light. Usually they were rounded.
There are many examples of these in 2 arm, 3 and up to 5 arm...
They mostly dated from the late teens to the early '30's
I used to make reproductions of these (and early victorian chandeliers) and restored many of these pan fixtures in my day.
Here is just one example:
Vintage Brass Light Fixture with Original Shades from breadandbutter on Ruby Lane

Or, type in ~ antique brass pan ceiling light, in Google, then click on images....you'll see many differing kinds.

Upvote 0
It's called a pan fixture. It would have had four cups (shade holders) hanging from the 4 arms.
I've never seen one with a "flat" glass shade for the main light. Usually they were rounded.
There are many examples of these in 2 arm, 3 and up to 5 arm...
They mostly dated from the late teens to the early '30's
I used to make reproductions of these (and early victorian chandeliers) and restored many of these pan fixtures in my day.
Here is just one example:
Vintage Brass Light Fixture with Original Shades from breadandbutter on Ruby Lane

Or, type in ~ antique brass pan ceiling light, in Google, then click on images....you'll see many differing kinds.

Yep agreed, I'm an electrician and do work on a local 20's-30's era theatre that has an assortment of them in many shapes and sizes used as house lighting. Is the shade/diffuser Alabaster by chance?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back