Minelab E-Trac

Attachments

• pencil.jpg
    pencil.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 695
  • pencil.jpg
    pencil.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 679
I have no idea. Its way too big for my screen. I cannot see the whole piece. :'(

Upvote 0
Can you open it? What kinda metal is it? Brass?

Attachments

• unk Fooserpaul.jpg
    unk Fooserpaul.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0
Look to me like the end with the hoop comes off. Is the pointed end solid, or is there a hole for a pencil lead or something?

Upvote 0
Stylus for an adding machine?

This one is 1907:

A3341X.JPG

DCMatt

Upvote 0
The object wieghs 10 grams... pretty light..

Here are better pictures of the ends...

In the TOP there are threads..

The Botton looks better in person and has what appears to be the head of a flat tipped screw...

Attachments

• pencil2.jpg
    pencil2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 602
  • pencil3.jpg
    pencil3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 560
Upvote 0
Can you point me any pictures or documentation to support this?

(Yes I googles... and back the the mid-1800's they looked similar to the 1950's)

Shrug...

Upvote 0
A tent spike for a ginormous tent, or a small old pencil, maybe a grease pencil for marking metal or something silly like that.

you load it with a piece of graphite and tie it to a string like a plumb bob and let it touch the floor to make a mark?? or tie the string around your neck??

Upvote 0
rebelfirefighter07 said:
My guess would be that its a stake of some kind like for a large tent.
Evolx10 said:
A tent spike for a ginormous tent, or a small old pencil, maybe a grease pencil for marking metal or something silly like that.

you load it with a piece of graphite and tie it to a string like a plumb bob and let it touch the floor to make a mark?? or tie the string around your neck??
This is obviously NO tent peg, sorry. It is way toooo soft and the top would be mushroomed if hit with a hammer. It is also no graphite pencil, I dont think, because of the screw head on the bottom.

Can we see what is inside? Is there something inside? Can you dissassemble it?

Upvote 0
IT's a plant waterer. Ya stick it into the soil in your potted plant and fill with water, as the plant needs water it weeps into the soil. But I still think it's a collapsible mechanical pencil, the screw you see in the bottom is needed to push the lead out............NGE (T)

Upvote 0
It looks like one of those things you stick in the soil to test for termites. But I doubt it.

Upvote 0
I think ya nailed it Mrs,. Oro, First link....thermometer and case.......wtg!......NGE (T)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back