✅ SOLVED another what is it

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This has been in my garage hanging up for a couple of years, it probably was something of my mothers, So far nobody seems to have a clue as to what it is. The manufactor is Lobeco of Pittsburg PA, but made in British Crown Colony of Hong Kong, other than that no information. IMG_0307.jpgIMG_0308.jpgIMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0312.jpg
over all its 15 1/2" long and the cup is 4 1/2" in Dia.

Maybe an ember/coal carrier

Upvote 0
I bet you could make some nice burgers in that thing while camping.

1505big.jpg

or sandwiches

pie iron.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gizmo Thats kind of what I was thinking but its really light gauge metal mabe 26 ga or even less, the handles are made of plastic and clip togeather, WIT I don't think its for cooking, but in words of Tim Wilson "I could be wrong"

Upvote 0
I used to use somthing like this to make instant pizza's. Early 50's.
Butter one slice of bread, place on one end. Add tomato sause, cheese, butter another slice of bread
put on other end. Close and hold over gas range for a shoort time..Instant pizza.

Upvote 0
I used to use somthing like this to make instant pizza's. Early 50's.
Butter one slice of bread, place on one end. Add tomato sause, cheese, butter another slice of bread
put on other end. Close and hold over gas range for a shoort time..Instant pizza.

That's basically what you do with the device in the pic I posted above. It's called a "pie iron" or "sandwich iron". You can put anything you want in it and hold it over the fire.

Upvote 0
It looks like a vintage Pie Iron as shown in WIT's photos. Breezie

Upvote 0
Well I thank you all, and I believe it is a pie iron, I looked it up on amazon and it seems they are all made of cast iron, I did find one that looked a lot like it they called a sandwich press. Again thank you all for helping:weee:

Upvote 0
Take your pick...
Address:
LOBECO
1020 SAW MILL RUN BLVD.
PITTSBURGH, PA 15220
United States
Legal Entity Type: Corporation
State or Country of Incorporation: Pennsylvania

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES
U.S. Class: 002 (International Class 021)
Class Status: Expired
SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS, WOODEN HOUSEHOLD UTILITY BOXES, KNIFE HOLDERS AND SPICE RACKS
Basis: 1(a)
First Use Date: 1967-12-00
First Use in Commerce Date: 1967-12-00

U.S. Class: 003 (International Class 018)
SUIT BAGS AND DRESS BAGS
First Use Date: 1968-03-00
First Use in Commerce Date: 1968-03-00

U.S. Class: 013 (International Class 006, 021)
MAGNETIC HOOKS, EGG BOILERS, KEY HOLDERS, COMBINATION LETTER AND KEY HOLDERS, WIRE RACKS, SAUCE PANS, COOKING PANS, AND SHELF BRACKETS

U.S. Class: 021 (International Class 009, 011)
LAMPS, FLASHLIGHT BATTERIES, BATTERY CHARGERS, BATTERY-OPERATED BURGLAR ALARMS, AND ELECTRIC PERCOLATORS
First Use Date: 1966-12-00
First Use in Commerce Date: 1966-12-00

U.S. Class: 022 (International Class 028)
ANIMAL BANKS

U.S. Class: 023 (International Class 008, 021)
FOOD GRINDERS, SCISSORS, PRUNING SHEARS, CAN OPENERS; HAND TOOLS-NAMELY, SCREWDRIVERS, PLIERS, WRENCHES, DRILLS, SCREWDRIVER DRILL ATTACHMENTS, DRILL BITS, HOLE SAWS, HAMBURGER PRESSES, BOTTLE OPENERS; AND MANUALLY POWERED CARPET SWEEPERS

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I don't think a 4 inch hamburger, pie or grilled sandwich is up to American size standards? So...i still say egg poacher! (or egg boiler as it says in the list)

Upvote 0
This is a pie iron. When I was a kid, we used to butter two pieces of bread. Place bread on iron, butter toward iron. We then filled it with cut apples, a little sugar and cinnamon. Put the second piece of bread on top of the apples, butter toward iron. Close and clamp iron, trim off bread that is sticking out on the outside of the iron. Put on top of camp fire or on stove top-electric or propane and cook. Check to see that bread is slightly crusty, turn and cook til second side is slightly crusty. These make delicious lunchbox or snack pies and are much better for you than the store bought pies with all those chemicals. They're even better with home-made sandwich bread!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back