Another unkown Brass item

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found both of these in the same yard as my Union Sword Belt Plate. The Memorial Cent is there for size comparison. They are made of brass and looks like they were attached to something made of iron on the bottom.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 91
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 84
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 94
If you look at a post I made today around 1:15, I have the same item, only mine has the post attached. I work with an electrician who said it was a tack that would be hammered into wood and wire would be wrapped around it. Not sure if this is totally correct, but it's definitely plausible. I'll keep an eye out though, would like to know for sure what it is.

Upvote 0
kinda small for drawer pulls, how about #4 in this picture?

Attachments

• studs.jpg
    studs.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
I have found those in several different sizes as well. I always thought they were some sort of push pin, because they had iron staining on the flat side in the center.

-Buck

Upvote 0
Pretty sure they are none of the above...we find them all the time and what they are escapes me at the moment,but CC Hunter knows,I will drop him a line and see if he can comment

Upvote 0
Pretty sure they are none of the above...we find them all the time and what they are escapes me at the moment,but CC Hunter knows,I will drop him a line and see if he can comment
You may be right Kuger,:thumbsup: they did make them very small (drawer pulls) but all colonial ones I've found are solid brass shank and all.I'll post a shot of some small ones I've got & one that's very close but not quite the same.Biggest deal is it is one solid piece instead of two.But it's a drawer pull for sure (mine) as you can see the threads.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Thanks Pete.Well,I guess CC,is a no show.I beleive they are from tip lids ot trays?They do date to the mid 19th century at least

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back