"Another Silver Ring and Some Coin"

R

RUDY2003

"Another Silver Ring and Some Coin"

Saturday was a pretty good day for diggin here, for me anyway. I started at a school in another small town where my wife went to school many moons ago.
CROSBY2.JPG
This is the play area. Very wet and the grass and weeds are high. It's only 8:30 in the morning and 87 degrees with 97% humidity. Only a few lincolns and then by one of the playsets "BING" rings up this nice little Silver and turquoise ring. Also dug a couple of broken chain pieces and one small gold heart earring which I lost somewhere just as fast.
bleachers.jpg
The next place I located in another small town not far from here. It's the high school football stadium of an older school. The bleachers were open with rocks and gravel underneath. Pretty easy pickins as most coins were only a couple of inches down or right under the first layer of rock. All in all I dug 58 coins in about two hours and only searched one set of the stands. The sidelines and field were still holding about one inch of standing water. The sun is out this morning and I hope it dries up a little. I plan to go back and do some more bleachers today as soon as I get my chores done.
HUFFMAN2.JPG

Upvote 0
Re: "Another Silver Ring and Some Coin"

that;s a great little ring there,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Way to go Rudy! Keep em coming!

Rudy...rudy...rudy... sorry I could not resist! You know...the movie? ??? Hey great day! :)

WOw i almost forgot that ground despite the heat looks very diggable! i should take a picture of some areas I am hunting! Penetration is 3-4 inches max it is bad...Maybe two good rains since June!

great digs Rudy ! looks like you did very good congrats ;)

Send some of that rain up here. Our grass is like dried hay. It got 93 here today but with a breeze and low humidity it was nice.

Looks like a good hunt there. :)

Bob

Nice coin take!!! Good job.

Way to dig em up Keith. I've been looking for bleachers like that but all of the ones I've found have cement underneath or they have so much metal angle iron that you have no chance of getting a signal. Go get all those coins...maybe there are some rings or other jewelry items there too. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back