Another Older Nickel

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to eat my words about where the numbers come in for a nickel on the Legend. This am I had nice morning enjoying the 70 degree weather and as I was almost back to my truck and I got a faint, but solid 23 number. I guessed it to be in the 8 inch deep range judging by the loudness of the signal. Sure enough, I found a nickel at 7-8 inches and I knew it was not a Jefferson and I was hoping for a Buffalo. Not to be, but I will take a clean V nickel any day. I will say the modulation in the Park program is nearly perfect and I am now able to judge depth by loudness. I also ended up with two 8 inch deep wheats and one other 50-51 signal that I was unable to get because of a maze or tree roots. Probably silver with those numbers, but 15 minutes of hard digging made me realize it was not going to happen.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned A LOT of machines over the years and the Legend is a real nickel hound. I have about a month on it and it's my first SMF. It's an amazing machine. I went to a well hunted park today that I've been to in the past. I wasn't expecting much. I plucked 5 nickels out of the ground, one of which was a good 10" deep, another surrounded by trash that just squeaked through. I've never dug so many nickels every time I go out. I'm sure all of which have been left behind by others.
Most of the nickels I've dug have read 25, if deep 24-25 a couple on edge 25-26. Park mode, M1, LG30 coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread