Another old photo foster bros

Can anyone find anything on foster bros company?

Upvote 0
AAA_fostbrot_23700.jpg
Boston

Upvote 0

Attachments

• fosterbros.jpg
    fosterbros.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

Attachments

• fosterbros2.jpg
    fosterbros2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
So that is what the other pic is to a collotype it's the same print style thanks again dc

Upvote 0
So that is what the other pic is to a collotype it's the same print style thanks again dc

You are referring to the Rawling print?

One more bit of info:

Established in 1875 by Stephen Bartlett Foster and John Roy Foster, the brothers operated a factory, retail store and wholesale and mail order business from 1893 to 1942.

foster-bro.jpg
Along with the reeded top, interspersed straps, and foliate slight edge, this frame showcases the eclectic use of ornament in which the firm excelled. Combining patterns and embellishments derived from Byzantine, classical and Dutch motifs, Foster Brothers frames were refreshing and unmistakably modern. The brothers were entrusted to frame paintings by many important artists of the time, including Edmund Tarbell and William Paxton. Museums and connoisseurs preserve the historical accuracy of such works by pairing them with a Foster Brothers frame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great info yes I was talking about the rawlings did you read what someone posted about the g and s combined

Upvote 0
Great info yes I was talking about the rawlings did you read what someone posted about the g and s combined

Yes, I saw that. I don't think it is an 's' but I looked anyway. Still got nada...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back