Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Guys. I’ve been hitting this central Florida 2nd Seminole War fort site. It’s a site that I found a few years ago after a lengthy search. This weekend was my last chance because I think because the guy that owns it was developing the site for his grand daughter to move onto. I had about 3 hours to dig and was fortunate enough to pull up this pattern 1834 oval rifleman’s plate and a silver plated infantry button. A nice last hunt so it’s time to try to locate another one! Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!
IMG_4863.png
IMG_4864.png
IMG_4865.png
IMG_4862.png

Upvote 41
You have been very fortunate to have had the site to hunt as you did....I would have no regrets.....except for that next belt plate that was still waiting for your coil....:tongue3: seriously though, great of you for bringing that history back to the light.

The finds as usual are very cool. See if you can get in there in the early part of the development, when the skid steer or excavator start moving dirt. It would likely be well worth your while to do so. Maybe you could offer to make up a display to go into the new house with a portion of the finds, and that would sweeten the pot a little bit. That might appeal to the landowner, especially if they are multi generational owners/occupants.

The finds as usual are very cool. See if you can get in there in the early part of the development, when the skid steer or excavator start moving dirt. It would likely be well worth your while to do so. Maybe you could offer to make up a display to go into the new house with a portion of the finds, and that would sweeten the pot a little bit. That might appeal to the landowner, especially if they are multi generational owners/occupants.
Great Idea Sir! Thank You!!

Hey Guys. I’ve been hitting this central Florida 2nd Seminole War fort site. It’s a site that I found a few years ago after a lengthy search. This weekend was my last chance because I think because the guy that owns it was developing the site for his grand daughter to move onto. I had about 3 hours to dig and was fortunate enough to pull up this pattern 1834 oval rifleman’s plate and a silver plated infantry button. A nice last hunt so it’s time to try to locate another one! Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!View attachment 2089774View attachment 2089775View attachment 2089776View attachment 2089777
Beautiful!! Congrats

Really nice finds. If you don't make it back at least you went out with a bang.

Very nice finds ! Thanks for sharing with us !!!

Hey Guys. I’ve been hitting this central Florida 2nd Seminole War fort site. It’s a site that I found a few years ago after a lengthy search. This weekend was my last chance because I think because the guy that owns it was developing the site for his grand daughter to move onto. I had about 3 hours to dig and was fortunate enough to pull up this pattern 1834 oval rifleman’s plate and a silver plated infantry button. A nice last hunt so it’s time to try to locate another one! Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!View attachment 2089774View attachment 2089775View attachment 2089776View attachment 2089777
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back