Another Newbie...

Paka

Greenie
Jul 21, 2008
DeLand, FL
Hello, all!
wavey.gif

Another newbie checking in-- I'm Rebecca, a 28 yr. old from DeLand, FL. Mostly a rockhound and fossil hunter, and among my favorite places to collect are near Delta, Utah (trilobite fossils), Venice Beach, FL (shark teeth), and especially Franklin, N.C. (rockhounding/gem mining). For the Franklin stuff, I've even put together a gem mining info page- http://pakasdollmaker.com/gemmining Some of my family is also very much into treasure hunting, which is how I originally got started on it as a kid, though I'm not big on coins like they are, and am more into the rocks and fossils, as I mentioned.

Anyways, great place you have here! 8) Here are a few pics since this IS the mug shot forum, the top one with my husband Dan-

danandme.png

me2-1.jpg

me1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome! :) Just posted a thread in the Rocks/Gems forum with some of our finds this year, for any interested.

Nice pics! It looks like you two just got married. Lucky guy! I also spent an entire life on nature, every thing from finding trilobites to jumping spiders. So I know where you are coming from. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

Paka, your a very pretty lady. When I was around three my family and I lived in DeLand. Small world. Nice to meet you.

Welcome to Mugs, Paka. I think our first family hobby was collecting rocks and minerals and then fossils. We started out by finding "Cape May Diamonds" on our property (water worn quartz crystals), with a trip or two to Franklin NJ quarries for the zinc related fluorescent
rocks found there, eventually we went to fossil collecting for trilobites (in NE Pennsylvania), clams,oysters, Bellemintes and shark teeth, with C&D canal in Delaware being a great spot for finding Cretaceous period fossils in the dredge spoils. :) Will go look at your post now on the forum. Again Welcome.

Don

greetings, welcome to mugs. I do so envy you both. Love rock hunting. My only prob is i dont know a indian love stone from a brick. :( Utah is a neat rock site, i went nuts there down in the southeast part of the state. so much crystal i thought i was in gold heaven. didnt find gold but found a lot of pretty views there.

Hiya Rebecca,

Great to have you with us at TNet. I too love looking for odd rocks, been doing that since I was knee high to a duck. Very nice pics of you and hubby Dan.

:wink: RR

Welcomemouse.gif

Hey Paka,

Be sure to post your finds, good luck with the hunt :wink:

Welcome to TNet Rebecca! :icon_sunny:

Welcome, from another 'Rock Hunter'.

Fossis................

Welcome and just remember that hunting for treasure is all in the eyes of the beholder. Some rocks some like coins. Heck some even hunt trash cans so who knows :)

LT

Very Nice Pics Rebecca :thumbsup:

Thanks for your Posts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back