Another newbie here...

Jun 29, 2005
St. Augustine, FL
My name's Michael. I just started the other day with a Garrett 150, which is just enough detector to know that I need a better detector! I live in St. Augustine, FL which is of course the oldest city in the country. So I figure I should be able to get some pretty cool stuff here. The city is doing some road work in the historic district. They just pulled up a brick road that has been there for, oh 200 or so years, so on my first day I go over there and see what I can find. First of all I need a detector with better discrimination cause I did enough digging to redo the whole road myself! Anyway, I did find what looks to be an 18th century axe head. Kinda cool for my first day ;D

I'm hoping to find a used Minelab explorer. I've heard good things about it. Let me know what you guys think. I heard it has really good relic software, but what do I know...I just started this whole thing! I'd really like to hook up with other enthusiasts in the area. If anyone's interested, call me at 904-610-9772.

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 689
Welcome to the Forum Michael.
Sounds like a good site to hunt. Don't use your discriminate too high. You may miss some good stuff. There shouldn't be any pull tabs or bottlecaps in a place like that, but maybe a lot of nails. Thats a good sign though.
We'll all be looking for posts of your finds.

Nice to meet ya Mike! I would love to be able to detect in a place like St. Augustine! I'm so jealous! Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to seeing some great finds. Can you post a pic of the axe head?? I'd love to see it.

vicki

WELCOME -good luck in your hunting - just think now u have all that extra cash left over - now that u know that your hooked - i will keep my ace 250 after my upgrade as a in the car always detector -
that will be after all the new models r out - garrett will make an upgrade to that model - i just know it ! :-X LBP (all that cash to upgrade oops sorry)

Welcome Mike.

This is a Great place for advice.
And Sharing Your Expierences & Finds.

JEFF

Welcome Michael,Sounds like you have a great area to hunt.Look forward to your finds.HH

Good job on the aks head that would be Nice to see a pic of. keep it up mike.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get a picture of the axe up very soon. I have to use the library computer at the moment. I am actually getting ready to buy a new Minelab Quattro for $800 tax included. Is that a good price?

Folks,

Looks like Mike only has 2 posts and he was last active on July 18, 2005.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back