Another Merc; things are getting back to normal

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Another morning at the silver farm, and, due to heavy rain yesterday, I stayed out of the woods. I was rewarded with another 42 Merc, sharing a hole with a 50 Jefferson nickel. Alas, there was no D on the Jeff. Monday, I can start again near the silver-laden cottages; hopefully, I'll be able to report multiple silvers again. The rain yesterday was helpful; it was starting to get really dry around here.

Attachments

• 50merc (2).jpg
    50merc (2).jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Darn I love those coins...my most favorite. That just got me back in the "silver" mood..lol Again, nice find.

I'll look for those posts next week, 1/2. ;) You have us all spoiled to seeing those silver finds! Congrats on that merc and the rain!

Nana ;)

Yeah those mercs sure are pretty. I have silver fever so bad, I just can't get my coil over any old stuff lately.

Glad to hear you got the rain. That's a real sweet Merc! I know you'll find more when you get back around the cottages. Way to go!

Congrats on the Merc. I agree with others, that is a great coin. I really love the designs on all of the older American coins. And of course with a Merc being my first ever silver find I will always have a warm place for them.

Rev

Congrats HD.
It must have been 42' Merc day yesterday? That was the same year I found too.
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
Congrats HD.
-MM-
If I was a little less lazy, I'd look up the mintage. Okay, I did: except for the 44, there were way more 42's minted than any other Merc. This explains why we find so many.

halfdime said:
ModernMiner said:
Congrats HD.
-MM-
If I was a little less lazy, I'd look up the mintage. Okay, I did: except for the 44, there were way more 42's minted than any other Merc. This explains why we find so many.

HD,
I don't know why, but I seem to find way more Mercs than I do the 60's type silver dimes. I think I've only found one or two of those.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back