Another Indian from the Old School Site

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Was back to northwest Illinois on Saturday and hit the two school sites I had been to a few time. At the first site, an hour of detecting only yielded a 1942 wheatie. Second site where I found several coins last time gave up the third Indian I have found at this site - a 1901. Also found a crusted wheatie I can't read the date on. Also found several turn of the century relic items like a copper wedding band, a silver spoon handle, a few old buttons, and a piece of a "detective badge" which was probably a child's toy. Very old though. Left all of those for my dad to give to the local historical society that does an annual program on local one-room school houses. Below is a picture of the IH.
001.jpg

Nice IH and nice gesture on your part, donating that stuff to the historical society. Gives us all a good name. Good luck with those oldies, hope you find more!

Joe

That's a nice looking Indian! :thumbsup:
How long have you been using that F-70 and what do you think of it. I'm overdue for a new machine and trying to figure out which way to go.
Mike

Nice digs and good work! Have a small collection at the local historical society also.

Mike,
I bought my F70 back in May. Did not have much time this summer to use it but when I did I liked it. I also recently used a borrowed F75 and have to say I actually like that detector alot also. They are both very similar. The F75 has a few more features. Since there is a 5 year warranty on the Fisher models, I would recommend purchasing a used F75 which you can find for about the same price as a new F70. I would recommend either models. I have not ever used a Minelab or higher-end White's so I don't have any comparison to those units.

Thanks for your review. I've heard good and bad about the new Fishers ever since First Texas bought them out.
I read mostly good about the F-70 but some bad about the F-75, like unstable and lots of chatter, etc..
It's nice to hear from someone that actually uses one.

Thanks again and good luck with it !
Mike

twistidd said:
Nice IH and nice gesture on your part, donating that stuff to the historical society. Gives us all a good name. Good luck with those oldies, hope you find more!

Joe

Ditto :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back