Another half hour at the church sidewalk.

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Went back to the church where I found 4 wheats yesterday and pull one more and 5 modern pennies. There just has to be silver there somewhere. The Wheat was right up against the sidewalk and about 2" down. It must have been at an angle because the signal was good one way but not the other. Next I'll see if I can hunt the back yard of the church. Also across the street there is an old bank with a 20' x 40' area of grass. I was using the Ace 250 again with the Sniper coil. That coil sure is fun to use. I wouldn't want to do a soccer field with it though.

Here's the old Church. It was built sometime before 1929.
church2.jpg

Here is the sidewalk area.
sidewalk.jpg

Here is another wheat cent coming to light.
plug with wheat.jpg

Upvote 0
You know its crazy, I dug about 12 wheats from My friends sidewalk a nice buffalo nickel and only dug 2 silver from the whole yard a Quarter and a dime. You'll find silver somewhere.

Keep @ it and HH!!

5 total wheats=Silver somewhere. I've been to places where you can pull out 3 or 5 wheats in a day and get skunked on the silver, but the silver usually turns up on the second or third trips. I'd keep hitting the area until the silver surrenders.

How'd ya get permission to hunt the church....I am not having luck getting permission from anyone.

Wow, that Cool!!
Im in a string of bad detecting. Nothing but junk lately!

Well its better than nothing at all, at least Im digging and finding stuff. So I know the detector is still working.

Bootybay,

I have been wanting to detect this church for a while. Sunday evening they were having a wedding. I stopped and happened to catch some of the elders leaving and asked them if it would be alright. They said sure. Now I will go back and see if I can hunt on the rest of the property which is much bigger. I think you just need to be as polite and friendly as you can and just ask lots of places. That's what I've beeb doing. I've also been contacting realtors of places for sale.

Way to go...if you get permission for the whole place you could be spending a lot of time there and hopefully, a lot of finds plus that elusive silver!

Lovely church pic...congrats on those wheats and good luck finding the silver! :)

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back