Another good road trip!

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
After Monday's great find I thought for sure I wouldn't find anything today. A few hours before work I hit a few banks in a major city. I was thinking all I'd get were dumps or find no halves at all. 8 banks yielded 50 40%ers! One bank had $40 in halves and 42 of those coins were 40%ers. Another had 7, and another had 1. One bank I hit the teller said "Oh, we just had someone come clean us out of halves." Damn! Oh well. Still a great score. $289 in silver @ $40/oz. That's over $1000 in silver this week! Perhaps I should just quit my job and hunt silver full-time? LOL I'm actually kinda sad cause I know my future road trips will probably never be as good. :(

Was also another first for me today. Found a 1970 half! Are they worth more than their silver value?

Upvote 0
lovewiibrew said:
After Monday's great find I thought for sure I wouldn't find anything today. A few hours before work I hit a few banks in a major city. I was thinking all I'd get were dumps or find no halves at all. 8 banks yielded 50 40%ers! One bank had $40 in halves and 42 of those coins were 40%ers. Another had 7, and another had 1. One bank I hit the teller said "Oh, we just had someone come clean us out of halves." Damn! Oh well. Still a great score. $289 in silver @ $40/oz. That's over $1000 in silver this week! Perhaps I should just quit my job and hunt silver full-time? LOL I'm actually kinda sad cause I know my future road trips will probably never be as good. :(

Was also another first for me today. Found a 1970 half! Are they worth more than their silver value?

The 1970-D is a hard one to find. You are now a member of an exclusive club. I found a 1970-D and a 1970-S Proof in the same box, that is really rare. I can count on both hands the number of times somebody in the last six months has found a 1970-D, they were only released
in mint sets and not to the public. It is a 40% half.......

Great Finds and welcome to the club, although to be official, we need some eye candy of the find.... :laughing7:

To answer your question about value, the 1970-D is roughly a $10.00 coin instead of valued at only 40% melt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back