Attachments

• IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 421
:hello2: :blob8:
nice job there Hefty, did ya bring home cons too?

Morning Hefty,
Those pickers still look good but the quantity of the fines seems to have dropped, maybe my imagination. The hike out this morning went well, I left all my stuff in your patio room. I actually made two hikes out yesterday and this morning when I lifted my pack I was glad I had as even my outgoing pack was heavy, must be that two man tent and the metal camp chair.

I'm a bit puzzled about what I should do next but I suppose I will go up to the "dog" claim for a day or two and see how that goes. I will give you a heads up when I'm heading in for the next two week trip on the NF and when I come out from that I will give you a call to let you know when I'm headed back into your claim. Steaks and baked potatoes still sound great!

Yesterday I did a hike down the other side of the river from camp. About 150' down river from your unnerving metal detecting site I noticed what looks like a claim marker, it would be at about the center point of your claim. Not far from it I noticed someone had dug a hole into a high bank and 20' downhill from the hole is a large quantity 3/8" steel cable that is in good shape. The dig looks unstable so I did not venture into it, looks like it goes about 6' to 8' back into the hill. Also, I found my next test site, prospecting and boulder moving location.

Now to get back to your metal detecting nightmare of the bedrock down river from camp. The GMT indicates it is iron though it is a tough read for the GMT as well as your SE. I tested several settings on my machine but when I had the coil parallel to the rock formation I would get the iron grunt message. Also I noticed a stagnant pool with a lot of rust in it.
I also tried using the GMT with the loop in the coil wire as I've noticed you have on your machine and it did not like that loop of wire hanging out there and when I ran the coil cable w/o the loop the machine ran better.

OK now for other stuff. 63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back