Another gold ring at same park that makes 2 in 2 days!

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Hey everyone, I can hardly believe it :o, but I found another gold ring today after finding my first one ever yesterday at the same park as the one from yesterday in this post: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,9375.0.html.? This one is 14k, and the one from yesterday with the diamond is 10k.? Is this some kind of a record?? Am I just on a lucky streak?? I also found about a dollar in clad to go with this along with a .22 bullet without the case in perfect condition (it must not have hit the target).? Anyways hope you enjoy, I am thinking maybe I should go back again tomorrow, and see if I can make it 3 in 3 days.? Maybe quitting my job and metal detecting full time is not such a bad idea after all lol.? Enjoy!

Loren Farrar
founder http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• newgoldring14k.jpg
    newgoldring14k.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
WOW!! Thats great!! I mean if you like that sorta thing. Kiddin Am i seeing double? Looks like two. WTG!! HH

No, it is 2 14k bands that are soldered together by 2 gold bridges at the bottom. Both bands are stamped 14k though.

Way to go! Why quit when your ahead! Go for 3 and let us know how you do.

Rod

Making up for past finds are you,Nice find.Go out and find some more.HH

WOW!!!,,, I would definitely be going back...
That is a totally awesome find. Good luck on finding the third...
How about some details, how deep was it?,,, what did it ID at?,,, did it give you a single beep, or did it give two beeps as you passed it? <NEED INFO ;D

Awesome, I can for sure say I have never found 2 rings two days in a row!!! ;)

This ring was 4.5 inches down and gave out a solid signal and a vdi of 23 (ring/foil). I am hoping to find a few more. This park is huge, and I am thinking about sectioning it off and going over every square inch of it over time. There is also another small park near this one that is in a real ritzy neighborhood where the houses are also near a golf course that I thought I might also try. This may be why there is so much gold in this park. Hopefully the smaller park gives up some expensive jewelry also. I will keep posted! With all of the gold that I have been finding, maybe I should take the dfx gold finding lol :o.

It's the dfx. It's super hot on gold and everything else it comes across. 23 isn't a foil hit on the dfx either. It's nickle/ring plus 23. Anyways good going. Parks are great places to find gold rings. I would know I found 7 in one park last summer. Keep up the good work. The dfx is a great unit to have.

HH Jer

Hey Jer, you are right 23 is nickel ring on the dfx. I can see you sure know your machine especially from your finds. I am still learning it, but am not doing to bad for a newbie in my own opinion. I do however want to find some more silver. I have seen some of your sweet silver finds in your previous posts. I think I might have to go hit some ghost towns around here in Montana to find some. There are plenty of them around, but some of them the state has taken over to preserve them and won't let you hunt them :-[. Anyways if I find some more silver coinage I'll post it. I would love to find a seated or merc dime. Talk to ya later, keep swinging!

Loren Farrar
founder http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Congrats on the Great finds! Can you imagine what you will find when you are more experienced with your machine? ;D HH Good Luck! 8) omnicognic

You Will. Your doing real well for just starting. The dfx takes a good summer or 2 of alot of use. You will be finding alot more once you learn. Just wait and see. The better you get with that unit the more you'll find. Wish you alot of luck. When you need some tips or advice on the dfx just give me a yell and I'll tell you what to change. I would spend my first summer or so using just the preset coin jewelry program until you have found at least one of every coin. So you can start to get familiar what they read like and sound like. Once you have mastered that I'll tell you what to tweak for some real performance. Visit this site if you don't already know it www.dfxonly.com. You will learn a ton and I am frequently on the site to answer questions along with some other guys who know there stuff to.

Keep up the good work. If your finding gold already your doing damn good. Take care Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back