Another deep Merc

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Found this 1941 D at the old baseball field the next town over yesterday.? Earlier this year I went there and found the two quarters and the 1919 merc.? These were all at 7-9 inches deep, and the signals were very iffy.? I also got a no dated Buffalo which at first read quarter.? I guess the depth plays tricks on the machine.? Well worth the digging though.? Also got several wheaties at those depths. Hope the post works.

Attachments

• dimeside1.jpg
    dimeside1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 393
  • dimeside2.jpg
    dimeside2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 379
  • quarters1.jpg
    quarters1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 403
  • Qtr side 2.jpg
    Qtr side 2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
WTG!! Great finds, I want that kind of luck. Keep it up !!

HH
MUD

Attachments

• Greatjob.jpg
    Greatjob.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 325
  • Greatjob.jpg
    Greatjob.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 326
Very nice!!!
I have found that with my CZ-3D anything past about 6" to 7" usually doesn't ID properly. Most targets wiil give an iron hit, most of the time, with the proper ID happening every now & then,,, If I can pin point it, I dig it... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

:D wow Great finds. I'm still trying for a standing Liberty, but she eludes me. WTG!!!! I'd hit that area hot and heavy. There has got to be some more just waiting for ya keep us posted :D

Very nice finds. In all the years I have been dirt fishing I have only found 2 SLQ's, they are very elusive. Congrats.

Very Nice and Congratulations on your most excellent finds Renegade.That is excellent depth. What detector are you using and how are you set up. Thanks.HH

you said the nickel gave a quarter signal. When a coin has been in the ground for a long period of time, it builds a mineralized aura around it, so it may have seemed like a Q. When you dig down for the coin somtimes you lose the signal because you break that aura and it sometimes becomes difficult to find the coin until you move the dirt around and the coin eventually shows its true self. Been doing it for 25 yrs now and have seen alot of things with detecting. Good luck!

Great coins, renegade.

sooooo...let me get this straight....sometimes a coin will register as iron if it's deep? Is that what you mean by iffy? or do you mean bouncing around between quarter and penny? I don't even dig iron, as a rule, as I missing coins? Thanks.

Very nice and way to go still waiting on my first silver....congrats...

Thanks for all the nice replies. To answer the questions, I use a Whites Eagle Spectrum. Have been for the past 8 years. (49er & krimic) The program is basically accepting +1-94, only had the ac sens on 60, and preamp on 3&4. Tone id off. By bouncing signals, I mean reading one coin, and then another and back and forth. I don't think I had any iron readings, as I rejected all numbers below 0. I plan to return there Saturday early, and will bump up the AC to 70 and pre-amp to 5-8, if I can keep the ground balance stable. I got a program from Rich, which includes the higher ac and pre-amp, and a few other tweaks,so I'm excited about trying it. If I can get the right adjustments, I should still be able to find more of these nice coins. Although it is a lot of digging, I love it when the silver turns up--makes it all worth while. Again, thanks for the replies.

WOW! Nice finds! But I don't understand the no date on the standing liberty. (Sigh), I need to look it up.

Melnatcat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back