🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
Got out yesterday again at the Kennesaw Battle Field area
here in Atlanta. Hit it for about 3.5 hours. The tones and VIDs were all over the place. Shotgun brass was fairly
consistent for the Safari. Bullets were -10 on up.
rage.gif
The Ga. red clay is tough.
Still it is always fun to pull out a 3 ringer! Not sure what the small
bullet is. Will post it on the CW forum and see if they can help.
Thanks for looking.
Bunker

Attachments

• Bullets1.jpg
    Bullets1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 3
Congrats on the three ringer.That small one looks like 22 lead maybe.

Most people are sad that they cannot hunt on National Park land. In the case of the Civil War, a lot of activity took place off of what is actually in the park. The battles of Sherman's march started in Chattanooga and went south to the sea. Very little of that land is in Park boundaries. One army was backing up and the other going forward, with camps every night and skirmishes along the way. There is a path ten miles wide and hundreds of miles long. I know those thousands of men lost a few items along the way.

I have six different kin who fought at Kennesaw, one of whom was wounded there.

Nice Finds...Happy Hunting.

nice digging ,your find,s are par for the corse in the N Atl, Cobb Co. area these days / far better than nothing...Note the 22 looks to be post C.W. ,the period 22 s I have found have all white patina with smooth rings ,not crimped looking & I think had a flat base. Just my opinion tho....HH Davers

Great saves!!

Thanks all, I was thinking 22 as well, but it was so deep. I will clean it up and post a better pix. It has a cavity in the bottom.
Bunker

Thanks all, I was thinking 22 as well, but it was so deep. I will clean it up and post a better pix. It has a cavity in the bottom.
Bunker

The cavity in the bottom allows the bullet to expand against the groves in the barrel for better spin and increased accuracy.

The cavity in the bottom allows the bullet to expand against the groves in the barrel for better spin and increased accuracy.
Thanks...that is good info!
Bunker

Nice finds.My mom's side of the family is from around Fairmount, Cartersville and the North Georgia area, would like to get up there and hunt sometime. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back