Another copper/brass piece.

bbheigle0605

Feb 9, 2013
Well, I tried to do as much research as I could and I'm going nowhere! What is this thing? I've been finding large copper and brass items at a extinct Mississippi River town. This piece has tiny holes punched in a line all the way around it. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image-4002483243.jpg
    image-4002483243.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3497536383.jpg
    image-3497536383.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image-718952206.jpg
    image-718952206.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 84
sometimes canned goods would be used as bait in crawdad traps etc.the holes indicate this to me.good luck and hh

pat

Upvote 0
sometimes canned goods would be used as bait in crawdad traps etc.the holes indicate this to me.good luck and hh

pat

That makes sense! How interesting if it is! I forgot to mention that i found remanence of a whisky steel nearby from where I found this piece. Just a FYI. Thank you!!

Upvote 0
imho...you can mark this solved...even the dimensions of the can are dead on for canned meat etc.cool find...the still(sp) is most intriguing....thay hadda eat !!!

Upvote 0
imho...you can mark this solved...even the dimensions of the can are dead on for canned meat etc.cool find...the still(sp) is most intriguing....thay hadda eat !!!

Whoops! Meant "still" haha! Thank you! This would be considered as a modern piece?

Upvote 0
prolly 20s...note soldered seam....just a guess

Upvote 0
ok bb as you are relatively new let me give you a hint. Find an ugly pic for your avatar or something else. Your pic will attract more attention that you want. Of course, you are not required to do this, just saying

Upvote 0
yup...almost forgot what I was typing...hadda really consentrate...:BangHead:

Upvote 0
almost there, now erase yourself from the pic and you are gold

Upvote 0
that way you only get comments from ones really interested in the subject instead of you

Upvote 0
he looks like me...sort of...cept I have a beer in both hands...and I'm friggin old...sort of

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back