Another Contemporary counterfeit George

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little play time after work today so I went to one of my hammered out sites. I had been over this ground many times with my F-75 and Deus 11. We know that sites are really never cleaned out. I missed this deep shoe buckle and coin. The coin signal was off the side of a large tree and over a foot down. It was just a little too low to be another Liberty Cap. Maybe next time!
!
g1.jpg
g2.jpg
g.jpg

Upvote 17
I had a little play time after work today so I went to one of my hammered out sites. I had been over this ground many times with my F-75 and Deus 11. We know that sites are really never cleaned out. I missed this deep shoe buckle and coin. The coin signal was off the side of a large tree and over a foot down. It was just a little too low to be another Liberty Cap. Maybe next time!
!View attachment 2078983View attachment 2078984View attachment 2078985
Those are too cool! Congrats!

I would love to find a counterfeit coin! I imagine the one being on the receiving end of a counterfeit would not be too pleased...

Congratulations 👍

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

That coin would have fooled me😁. Is the metal type the giveaway for the fake? Congrats on the nice finds.

That coin would have fooled me😁. Is the metal type the giveaway for the fake? Congrats on the nice finds.
The counterfeit British coppers are usually underweight, poor quality, and some times have casting marks. The regal coins are a better quality copper and seem to hold up well. They are usually a better looking coin. They give a little higher VDI number on the Deus 11. Many of the Georges that I find here in New Jersey are counterfeit.

The counterfeit British coppers are usually underweight, poor quality, and some times have casting marks. The regal coins are a better quality copper and seem to hold up well. They are usually a better looking coin. They give a little higher VDI number on the Deus 11. Many of the Georges that I find here in New Jersey are counterfeit.
Very interesting-thanks. I don’t think I have found a counterfeit yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back