✅ SOLVED another button id from waterbury button co.

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Jun 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER SE-- B.H LEGACY 3300 WITH 11 INCH DD COIL

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130206_171350.png
    ForumRunner_20130206_171350.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 106
It's not a State Seal. It is the seal of the City Of New York. Your button is from the latter-1800s. See button NY-102 in the button book by Alphaeus H. Albert.

Upvote 0
Looks very close to a New York State seal and somewhat like Maryland, but they are not.. I would contact TheCannonBallGuy on this one and see what he is got to say, interesting.. It's almost like I have seen this design before but can't recall the info about it! I will check back! Awesome button! :occasion14:

Upvote 0
Sometimes posts appear later because they are delayed lol. I hate when that happens. Good ID CBG.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. Its nice that there are still people in this world who take a little time to help others. I found another button with a crown on it. Same size but ill have to clean it a bit before I post a pic.

Upvote 0
JJS New England wrote:
> Its nice that there are still people in this world who take a little time to help others.

JJS, my life had been changed for the better, more than once, because somebody took the time to give me educational help. That is why I do what I do in this forum.

I must add that in order for the help to be effective, my mind had to be genuinely open to changing.

In the area of metal-detecting, and in this forum, we sometimes encounter people who refuse to accept education that their "relic" is in actuality not what they want to believe it is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back