Another 2 cent piece and small buckle.

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
Went back to one of the fields we have found some nice items in this year, finally got the hay cut. This field is right next to the field I found 2 large cents and my first 2 cent piece last week. The 2 cent today was found 50 yds from the first, this one is 1865, the other was 1867. And a neat little buckle, not sure of age.

There are 3 fields connected, all different owners, and we have permission for them all. We have found brittish coppers, U.S. large cents, one French version of a large cent, and a half reale, many buckles, and buttons. We actually found a undocumented early site at the far end of one of the fields, again, yet another owner. We found 6 coppers and around 50 buttons, and a few nice relics at this site as well.

This is a hot area that had ALOT of activity for 100s of years. You never know what you may find, just gotta be patient and jump around as the crops and mowing allows.

Attachments

• 20240604_173321.jpg
    20240604_173321.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240604_173214.jpg
    20240604_173214.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240604_173134.jpg
    20240604_173134.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240604_173120.jpg
    20240604_173120.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Upvote 14
What a privilege to have access to so many productive, adjacent sites! The buckle is elegant in its simple shape. The pin that would have been fastened to the central bar and would have gone through a hole in the belt was probably steel, and it is entirely gone. It would take a long time to rust away so maybe that's a clue that it is an old buckle.

What a privilege to have access to so many productive, adjacent sites! The buckle is elegant in its simple shape. The pin that would have been fastened to the central bar and would have gone through a hole in the belt was probably steel, and it is entirely gone. It would take a long time to rust away so maybe that's a clue that it is an old buckle.
You are right, I consider it to be a great privilege. We are always carefull to leave the places we detect the same way or better than we found them. Picking up any trash we find along the way, not just what we dig up.

We have been asked if we can find lost tractor parts, property markers, lost jewelry, ect. We are always willing to do whatever. This hobby makes us at the mercy of gracious land owners, without land and permissions, we wouldn't get very far.

Went back to one of the fields we have found some nice items in this year, finally got the hay cut. This field is right next to the field I found 2 large cents and my first 2 cent piece last week. The 2 cent today was found 50 yds from the first, this one is 1865, the other was 1867. And a neat little buckle, not sure of age.

There are 3 fields connected, all different owners, and we have permission for them all. We have found brittish coppers, U.S. large cents, one French version of a large cent, and a half reale, many buckles, and buttons. We actually found a undocumented early site at the far end of one of the fields, again, yet another owner. We found 6 coppers and around 50 buttons, and a few nice relics at this site as well.

This is a hot area that had ALOT of activity for 100s of years. You never know what you may find, just gotta be patient and jump around as the crops and mowing allows.
Very

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

both of those finds are very cool. still looking for my first 2 cent, well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back