Another 1st for Me....

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello ALL!

I was raining and/or misting all day today n Connecticut...

At about 4:30 there was a little break... and I ran 1/2 mile up the road to one of our closed schools... I've dug 20+ wheats there... an 1899 IH, 1936 S Buffalo, a 1943 P War Nickle... 15 Grams of 14K braclet... a 10K ring and a stearling silver ring... so I've done ok there...

I got in about 90 minutes that found 2 wheaties.... 1914 and 1955.... No D in the '14 or Double Die on the '55...

55wheat.jpg

14wheat.jpg

It was getting dark and I was heading to the car and covering ground that I've been over 10+ times... and I got a strange 48 signal turned 90 deg... and it did not dip into the iron range.. signal was jumping... and I wanted to squeeze out one more coin wishing for something good..

So what the heck... pop the plug... stac the hole with my Pistol Probe... Its down in the hole... feels a few inches further down... dig it out onto my towel... and I can see a "V" !!!

1899VbackDIRTY.jpg

Flip it over....

1899FbackDIRTY.jpg

No so good... :-(

Here is after some basic water and light brushing...

1899Vback.jpg

1899Vfront.jpg

Its an 1899!! My 1st V nickle...

The rest...

total.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Happy Hunting!
Paul

Upvote 0
Nice coins that would have been the record if the wheat as a 1955 double.d. The V nickle looks good.

Well Paul you don't have to go far for some nice finds. Hit it till the cows come home.
Gotta find me a hot spot like that. HH Mike

Congrats awesome coins.

Hey, Paul, congrats on finding your first V-Nickel! :thumbsup:

I know a few parks that I detect have them. I've only found a couple last year. It's hard to concentrate on the low tones when you're trying to find the deep silver. ::)

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back