Andrew Jackson button found

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I did a bit of field hunting and only got two flat buttons and some bullets. Upon cleaning the buttons I discovered one of them was a Jackson Political button saying "JACKSONS VICTORY" on the back side of the button, Albert's PC78. This was my third Political button I have found, the other two being Whig party slogan button from 1830's.

Don

Attachments

• Jacksons Victorybutton.jpg
    Jacksons Victorybutton.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 953
Upvote 0
Outstanding find Don! That is a true piece of history. Congrats!

Kent

Nice button, I love finding those early 1800's flat buttons. To hold a button from a old cellar hole or Field is as good as going back into time for that very moment. You can actually see a younge man with the buttons on his shirt trying to make it through the brush.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way. It happens with real old coins to. It brings me back in time for a moment. That is one of the best feelings in this hobby.

HH Jeremy

? ? ? ? ? WOW!!? Great find!!
? ? Any idea of it's value?? ?I agree with JerDfx, sometimes a find will mentaly transport me back.
My girlfriend says there's no need, that i'm a little mentaly back now. What does she know.
Love that feeling of touching the past. WTG!! HH

Nice find!

HH

Lonewolfe

COOL FIND DON,love that old Andy,TENN,MAN.I agree with you Jer,tho's old relics takes you back.HH

That's very cool. :o That's the kind of stuff that makes me want to not throw my MD in the closet. Where did you find that? I ask not for the specific place, but rather for a general idea of where things like that can be found.

that is a real cool find!!! never seen anything like it before!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back