Ancient artifact? Mayan?

Chadnolan

Jun 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I found a old looking artifact in my great uncles house after he passed away. I can't seem to sort out what it is but I'm assuming it's from Mexico? It's in a glass case. Any ideas?

IMG_0706.jpg
20190612_183138.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg

Last edited:
we cannot authenticate that. send off pix to the museum in Mexico City or find reputable dealers and auction houses in your are. Just don't sell it to them...

Upvote 0
Lick it, if it doesn't taste salty, it's not old.

Upvote 0
"we cannot authenticate that. send off pix to the museum in Mexico City or find reputable dealers and auction houses in your are. Just don't sell it to them..."

Good advice mate @unclemac

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mexican. I was told they make these and toss them in the fields at planting time to insure good crops. Don't know if that's true or not but I have several. Gary

DSC09176.JPGDSC09177.JPGDSC09178.JPG

Upvote 0
I went to the museum in Mexico city back in 1976 and all of their dinosaur bones were fake. Plastic but looked real until you tap on them and touch it.
They even had fake Aztec stone gods heads that were made of plastic. Pretty impressive until you look closer.

Upvote 0
I went to the museum in Mexico city back in 1976 and all of their dinosaur bones were fake. Plastic but looked real until you tap on them and touch it.
They even had fake Aztec stone gods heads that were made of plastic. Pretty impressive until you look closer.

Thats normal. There arent enough of the "real thing" to be everywhere, and the real items would be incredibly expensive to acquire. The casts made from the original are easier to acquire.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back