Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any real interesting finds to post so far this year. Just thought I'd post a sample of the kinds of junque I have been finding just to let you know I am still digging. Of course I always find Hot Wheels. Found these and several more that I gave to my grandaugter to play with. She has staked her claim on my Hot Wheels finds. Have been working a house demolition site and a lot of the "crappe" I'm not sure what it is until I get it home and clean it up a little. Some are top of the ground finds such as the marbles, the die, bottles and the little angel. The big bottle says "Wool Soap Shampoo" and I am guessing it is from the 1950's, while the little one is probably some old tooth ache medicine. The little angel is plaster and I found her laying in the dirt looking sadly up at me and had to pick her up as she looks like my youngest grandaughter who is a real little angel....with horns sometimes! :wink: Foiundthese two old Oklahoma tax tokens, one is 5 mil and brass while the other is 1 mill and aluminum. They say something about tax on one side and say old age relief or something similar on the other side. Don't now the history about them but I remember my grandmother having some she kept with her WWII things, so the are from that era. And there is a pin or part of one commemerating old Route 66 that runs throughthe middle of town, a chrome button and what looks like a watch gear? And of course I fouind a couple of wheat pennies and some clad, not worth photographing. Oh, and a link from a gold chain or necklace I was unable to find the rest of it although I looked hard, and a chunk of petrified wood. Monty

Attachments

• kiley and my detecting junque 006.jpg
    kiley and my detecting junque 006.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 484
  • kiley and my detecting junque 005.jpg
    kiley and my detecting junque 005.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 478
  • kiley and my detecting junque 007.jpg
    kiley and my detecting junque 007.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0
Monty, it's great to see you're still out there diggin'...and still here on Tnet posting. :icon_sunny:

Do you have closeups of the tokens. I asked before everybody else did...cuz I knew they would ask! :tard:

I love to see the marbles. :)

im digging the shampoo bottle
ironic that i am balding :icon_scratch:

The tokens are in pretty bad shape and you can just barely make out what they are even with a magnifying glass. Stoney56 has a new token book and I think I saw them in there when we were looking at it last week. Stoney? Monty

Looks like some keepers to me! Glad to see you are out hunting and finding stuff. The angel is adorable, glad you rescued her! The tokens are a treasure if nothing else but for the memories of grandma! :duckie:

Hey! Those are some great keepers, Jim! :thumbsup: LOVE the little angel, and gotta love the tax tokens! ;D Awesome marbles and super bottles. Heck, I don't know why you've been holding out on us for so long! :icon_scratch:

All them finds are good!

Nana :wink:

Those are all great finds Monty :)

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back