Amazing what you find where you grew up

L

lilsorel

My son and I were at my mother's house yesterday doing the lawn. We both brought our detectors( not the first time). In the course of about an hour and a half we dug up a silver and gold Girl Scout ring, a silver cross, and about a dozen wheat pennies. The house was build in 1953 and shortly after us kids must have aquired a 5gal. bucket of wheat pennies that we proceded to scatter around the yard. The pennies found yesterday make about 30 or so we have found in the 1/3 acre lot. I can't wait to keep looking. There's got to be more silver!

Upvote 0
I have always wanted to go back to wher I grew up and detect there. I remember exactly where I lost my 10 cent allowance one time. It still bother me!!! Enjoy and have fun...Lance

Congrats to you and your son on the finds ! Sounds like you both had a lot of fun. That's what the hobby is all about. Good Luck in the future !

Huntin' 59er

Awesome!! This April I went back to my grandmothers house that I played at in the 60's. The house has stayed in the family with no more kids there until just recently. I found several of my childhood toys and some of my cousins. My most cherished find is one of my old cap grenades! I was so upset when I lost that thing. I need to clean it up and take a pic. Don't know if anyone remembers them, it was pot metal with a round nose and a four finned tail. You twisted the nose out and placed the cap under it. We used to throw them at each other, kinda hurt if you got hit by one. It was a trip back in time to find it, glad you had the same chance!

Rich

Cool story and congrats on the finds. I am sure I lost more than one lead army guy in the 50's at my parents house.....need to check it again.

Dave

Kind of weird but I recently went back to the house I grew up in which we where selling after my folks died. Found junk and 2 zinc pennies. Our family lived there since the 40's so i don't know why I wasn't finding anything. Same thing happened to a hunting buddy fo mine, nothing at his old house either.

way cool, i wanna go back 2 my aunts house when i was little i lost a gold indy car necklace during a ruff game of football

Rich in Texas,is this the one?

Attachments

• toy.jpg
    toy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 191
  • toy.jpg
    toy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 184

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back