Amazing what treasures are there if you slow down!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Decided to hit Sat and Sun a rather large lot ive hunted at least 7 times and decided to really see how well I have been doing. I moved at a snails pace and dug all iffy signals and signals I usually would never dig and was amazed on what I have left behind my other searches. Only silver coins I found was a rosie and a war nickel but was astounded what was still in the earth. I missed a vintage silver ring, silver and gold plated tie bars, a Dick Tracy badge, tokens, other jewelry, buckles, a mess load of buttons, 50 cent pc. And some really deep wheats and lots of relics. Definitely goimg back to my other lots and also do the same. Sorry nothing is cleaned but haven't foumd the time and I wanted to get this post up. Thanks for looking and HH.

ForumRunner_20141007_225820.png

ForumRunner_20141007_225857.png

ForumRunner_20141007_225931.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230003.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230030.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230104.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230137.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230208.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230242.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230327.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230432.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230503.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230531.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230557.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230641.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230708.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230739.png

ForumRunner_20141007_230809.png

Upvote 22
Hey RayRay,

Definitely some inspiration for me to go back to some of my old spots and slow it down to see what I can find.

I do notice when I start getting tired, I am really particular on what targets I will dig up and leave a lot of iffy targets behind. Maybe I should cut my hunting time down a bit, so I don't skip over stuff.

Anyways nice finds, thanks for sharing!

HH Ben

Hey RayRay,

Definitely some inspiration for me to go back to some of my old spots and slow it down to see what I can find.

I do notice when I start getting tired, I am really particular on what targets I will dig up and leave a lot of iffy targets behind. Maybe I should cut my hunting time down a bit, so I don't skip over stuff.

Anyways nice finds, thanks for sharing!

HH Ben

Thanka angileri, I feel the same way when I am tired. I seriously felt like I was not going to dig as many holes as I did, when I found my silver dollar a couple of weeks back in another lot I thought I cleaned out its making me rethink my swing time and digging those iffy signals.

Dam Ray, I always thought thats what you were doing in the first place by the amount of finds your always posting. There is TONS of stuff waiting at all your spots. Better get those trucks to start rolling in that one lot. They can deliver more treasure to recheck!
Good job, I can't tell you how many times I passed on things a year back, Only problem for me is most of those spots are off limits now.

Great finds bud, go get some more!

What a variety of finds! :hello2: Smart to redo old haunts. I usually move at a snail's pace cuz that's just how I am, lol. So don't miss much, but soon I'll borrow my son's Teknetics which gets deeper than my trusty little BH. Have fun & it's always interesting to see your posts! :icon_thumright: Andi

yep ! The Phrase

"If you think your going slow enough, Slow Down !!!! "

Isn't just a Joke.

Nice Finds :thumbsup: I like the Dick Tracy badge :thumbsup:

for those still not believing it, try spending a Few minutes Circling those
trash signals & hitting them from all angles,
(circling, Just to hear all the different signals you get from different angles & speeds) then dig them.
it's a learning experience. no detector is fool proof.
and no place can ever be hunted out. unless you take all the dirt home
and screen it with Fine window Screen :laughing7: even then you can leave Gold dust behind.

Last edited:
Quick story to add to this... once I found PART of a large silver chain... this part was as thick as a pencil and over 11 inches... I figured that the rest was still there but I searched several times to no avail.... anyway one day was near the area and decided to go back and walk at "snails pace" ... cranked up volume... and listened for even slightest weakest variation in tone... after 5 mins or so... I found the other half.

Dam Ray, I always thought thats what you were doing in the first place by the amount of finds your always posting. There is TONS of stuff waiting at all your spots. Better get those trucks to start rolling in that one lot. They can deliver more treasure to recheck!
Good job, I can't tell you how many times I passed on things a year back, Only problem for me is most of those spots are off limits now.

Great finds bud, go get some more!

Thanks I am lucky on alot of these old lots, some of these have just been lots nexts to homes since the early 1900's so they have seen alot of activity. Funny you brought up the dirt pile lot found out where it came from. Right next door! Owners are digging a hole to place a above ground pool, says he has more dirt in his yard and can search it bit in a few weeks for he and family going on vacation. Cant wait to see what its holding.sorry about your off limits spots.

Hi ray , see that you have been digging a lots , Nice digs !!

yep ! The Phrase

"If you think your going slow enough, Slow Down !!!! "

Isn't just a Joke.

Nice Finds :thumbsup: I like the Dick Tracy badge :thumbsup:

for those still not believing it, try spending a Few minutes Circling those
trash signals & hitting them from all angles,
(circling, Just to hear all the different signals you get from different angles & speeds) then dig them.
it's a learning experience. no detector is fool proof.
and no place can ever be hunted out. unless you take all the dirt home
and screen it with Fine window Screen :laughing7: even then you can leave Gold dust behind.

Thanks jeff, think I got lazy over the last 25 year's on my hunting techniques especially when I start getting tired but time to get back on track and be diligent on my hunting. The Dick Tracy badge is also my favorite.

What a variety of finds! :hello2: Smart to redo old haunts. I usually move at a snail's pace cuz that's just how I am, lol. So don't miss much, but soon I'll borrow my son's Teknetics which gets deeper than my trusty little BH. Have fun & it's always interesting to see your posts! :icon_thumright: Andi

G-olden years I slowly feel myself downshifting on my speed also. Lol.thanks for the response and god luck on your Teknetics hunt.

Nice job on cleaning out the leftovers. Lot of interesting finds there. Keep 'em coming.

I always do the "slow and low". I've had good success on spots that supposedly have been hammered by using this method.

Great recoveries there Ray , plenty of variety , so slowing down does pay off ..cheers Mick

you pulled some great stuff. don't know what you're swinging, but maybe a smaller coil could be of some help too? Most of the time I keep a Bullseye 5.3" coil on my XLT rather than the stock 9.5" one. takes a little more swinging, but it gives better trash separation and I can get in closer to junk that's in the way. I've also got a 3.5" snooper coil, but it's for rare occasions. You can swing yourself to death with that thing, and only cover a few feet. But, I've found stuff with it that the other coils missed. Just a thought....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back