Amazing garage sale find! Sterling silver flatware

Silverchick

Feb 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was amazing. On my way to farmers market with my son, when we spot an estate sale sign. Followed the signs but saw a garage sale on the way, so I pulled over. Thank goodness we did. While I was looking at the jewelry she had she pulled out a large box. It was a faux alligator soft zippered case. She unzipped one side and I saw what appeared to be silver flatware. She thought I might like this. I didn't have my glasses on, so I asked my son to read the inscription, GORHAM STERLING. He asked her to unzip both sides so we could see. A full service for 12 and serving set. We asked what she wanted for it. $63! I had $40 and change in my purse and my son grabbed my car keys and fumbled in his wallet for the additional $20 we needed. Thanked her and were on our way with a beautiful 12 piece setting of Sterling Silver Gorham Flatware Set! I can say this has been the best score of my life! Absolutely amazing. I bought a lotto ticket today!

Upvote 9
Probably worth a heck of a lot more that that in scrap value. Nice score. For sure would like to see it.

Congrats!! Would love a pic!!

Today was amazing. On my way to farmers market with my son, when we spot an estate sale sign. Followed the signs but saw a garage sale on the way, so I pulled over. Thank goodness we did. While I was looking at the jewelry she had she pulled out a large box. It was a faux alligator soft zippered case. She unzipped one side and I saw what appeared to be silver flatware. She thought I might like this. I didn't have my glasses on, so I asked my son to read the inscription, GORHAM STERLING. He asked her to unzip both sides so we could see. A full service for 12 and serving set. We asked what she wanted for it. $63! I had $40 and change in my purse and my son grabbed my car keys and fumbled in his wallet for the additional $20 we needed. Thanked her and were on our way with a beautiful 12 piece setting of Sterling Silver Gorham Flatware Set! I can say this has been the best score of my life! Absolutely amazing. I bought a lotto ticket today!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back