🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Always take the opportunity to be honest!

FinderTravis

Nov 4, 2022
British Columbia.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max international
Garrett AT Gold
Radio Shack MICRONTA 3001
AT propointer
34'' Bushpro stainless steel tree planters shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out detecting this evening on behalf of a Canada wide metal detecting playground clean up event held by the CMDC, Calgary Metal Detecting Club, on Facebook.

After clearing the playground area of all metal targets and taking a break while a children's event was happening i had decided to stay and detect a grassy area within the public park since i noticed it had just been mowed and turf was well watered.
There were only a few people around and it was now dark so had my headlamp on while enjoying picking up the odd pocket change spill and bits of bling jewelry before
coming across a jacket that had been recently left behind.. leaned over to pick up and toss on the picnic table it was laying under so as to be seen by anyone who may happen to have remembered they had forgot it, but just as i grabbed the jacket to toss i felt something in one of the pockets..
Reached into the pocket and discovered a wallet so headed back to my car to have a better look..
After a quick Facebook search i found owner, though could not message being my i cloud was locked on my phone, hence no messenger, so immediately decided to call it a night and drop it off in person being addy of owner was on way home. The fellow who answered the door had a very surprised look when i asked if he was familiar with the person while holding jacket..I quickly told him i had found it metal detecting and he told me to ''wait right there!'' as he went back into his home and asked what my name was..
On his way back to the door he asked if i had a pinpointer and handed me a cash reward and two nice 1958 young Liz silver dimes he had found while metal detecting..! I replied "oh yea i got all that stuff'' and waved my hand as to say that's fine.
He told me his family was recently robbed before realising he should call his wife and let her know the jacket had been returned..
It was getting late so thanked him for reward, shook his hand again and headed home.

After getting home i messaged owner of jacket to say thanks again to fellow for reward and she replied back saying i may have restored his faith in humanity and saved them alot of stress and hassle.
Needless to say was an awesome way to end an evening of metal detecting and felt great to make the return!🙂 Cheers all!:occasion14:

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Gidday Findertravis

There is one word that sums up your actions amigo.

Integrity! The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. A true gentleman of complete integrity!

If there was more people like you the world would not be such a crappy place.

Crow
Well said @Crow ! and Thank You!:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back