insulator245

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre!

Attachments

• Pulled from Circulation.jpg
    Pulled from Circulation.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 800
Good deal on the change find! I Stopped by five banks this past week and picked up $150.00 in half-dollars. I found one 1964 and three 40% Kennedy halves. Not the best percentages, but four coins I didn't have. When the weather is not cooperative I'll do my coinhunting indoors.

I have been hunting nickle rolls. I seem to find quite a few pre-1960s. Probably because they are not as valuable. I found 11 silver war nickles in 2006. Good luck.

It pays to look over your change closely.In the month of December,I pulled from circulation a 1906 Barber half,a 1903 V nickel,4 war nickels,4 Mercury dimes,a 1958 Rosie,a 1946 quarter,and about 25-30 Wheaties.I find enough wheat pennies that I no longer count them.Unfortunately,the Barber half and the V nickel were so worn as to be barely identifiable.

The Barber half and the V nickel were the only ones I have ever found in circulation however I will occasionally find a Mercury dime, war nickel, silver Rosie, or silver quarter.

hasbeen

I rolled about 40 dollars in coins for the church today and pulled a 1964 d quarter and a 1955 wheat penny.

hasbeen

What is special about pre-1960 nickles?

I know about the War nickles, but what about the pre-1960's?

they came out before the hyper-inflation of the 1960s and the mintages were short compared to now thus you don't see them very often. Most people save them from change and they will eventually be worth a premium. Only the nice ones and the rarer dates are worth much now besides the war nickels. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
they came out before the hyper-inflation of the 1960s and the mintages were short compared to now thus you don't see them very often. Most people save them from change and they will eventually be worth a premium. Only the nice ones and the rarer dates are worth much now besides the war nickels. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule
Yup! :) So insulator245, did you find any war nickels in there? '42-'45

Thanks guys. 18 of them are war nickels. The rest are all from the 50s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back