Georgivs

Bronze Member
May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a chance to detect the what's probably the oldest site I have yet. It was abandoned before the civil war, however it's been pounded by detectorists for a few decades. I'm just glad I was able to pull anything other than pieces of cast iron. Wisteria pretty much covers the entire site so it's nearly impossible to detect in the summer and the roots are very dense. It looks like one grew right through this old hoe and made a volunteer handle. It's just too bad that it wasn't longer or it could be functional. I also managed to find one quartz arrowhead and lots of flint debitage along with the brass box lock faceplate.

20230509_181804.jpg
20230509_181828.jpg

Upvote 16
I had a chance to detect the what's probably the oldest site I have yet. It was abandoned before the civil war, however it's been pounded by detectorists for a few decades. I'm just glad I was able to pull anything other than pieces of cast iron. Wisteria pretty much covers the entire site so it's nearly impossible to detect in the summer and the roots are very dense. It looks like one grew right through this old hoe and made a volunteer handle. It's just too bad that it wasn't longer or it could be functional. I also managed to find one quartz arrowhead and lots of flint debitage along with the brass box lock faceplate.

View attachment 2082923View attachment 2082922
That’s an oldie!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back