~~ALL-N-ALL BALLS OUT - TEJON vs- E-TRAC-~~

Everyone seems to think one detector is better than another to such a degree that it is easy to put into words. This is like asking which car is better. They all travel from here to there. The answer is what you feel you want out of the hobby. Some people won't use a detector unless it has a screen and only retrieve certain coins or numbers while leaving many good targets still in the ground. Others like to get a feel for what the target is before they check it out.

I just sold my tejon and bought an etrac. I did not get a ton of experience with the tejon.It just did not seem any deeper then my vaquero. I was a bit disappointed with it but in all fairness to the tejon I may not have gave it a chance.
I only used it for maybe 15 hours but I do know that I went back with my etrac which I am still learning and found a 37 merc,1884 IH a 1925 wheat and an old skeleton key where I had hunted with the tejon. The main draw back with the etrac for me is after hunting with tesoros for the last few years the etrac gets a bit heavy after a few hours . My cibola and my vaquero have both paid for themselves but they also cost way less then the etrac.
I think the etrac will be the last machine I need to buy for a long time. Super deep and good trash separation. :coffee2:

I found the Tejon deeper on brass, lead nickle and gold. Silver and some copper, it lacked. If I were relic hunting alot, the Tejon would be my choice, especially areas where iron would be a desirable dig like war sites. The discrimination on the Tejon is top notch! Not to mention you have two of them!!! I have dug deep with the Etrac, but the Tejon had me wondering if there was really something down there. :coffee2:

Myself i just can't see spending that much for a detector just to find a few more coins................$1500.00........ It is no good in water and not a good gold detector for prospecting..........???

Keppy said:
Myself i just can't see spending that much for a detector just to find a few more coins................$1500.00........ It is no good in water and not a good gold detector for prospecting..........???
:icon_thumright: just keep thinking that.. Be sure to mention where you hunt so I can go behind you.... ::) ;D

Gonehunting said:
Keppy said:
:icon_thumright: just keep thinking that.. Be sure to mention where you hunt so I can go behind you.... ::) ;D
We all have different thoughts.............. But i am not easily mind washed..............

Keppy said:
Gonehunting said:
Keppy said:
We all have different thoughts.............. But i am not easily mind washed..............
That's good the fewer Etracs out there, the more targets for us who do own them.. Nothing like keepin the competition down... :D

Gonehunting said:
Keppy said:
Gonehunting said:
Keppy said:
That's good the fewer Etracs out there, the more targets for us who do own them.. Nothing like keepin the competition down... :D
Yep .. You come behind me and find that dime i missed.............. Man that is on expensive dime you found WOW $1500.00 to find that dime... But we all have our own ideas of what we want and what works for us......... So all i can say to you is have fun and find the good stuff.......... HH ... Man you guys have been haveing some bad weather down there.....But we can't brag about ours up here................We never have a good winter.........keppy

yes. bad weather... actually spent the day at moms she lost her house. she lives about six mile north west of Tushka that's on the news. The one that hit the school on the news hit my mothers road and wiped out all 7 houses on it. I looks like a war zone. But everyone is ok there. One of these days we'll have to run these two head to head. :D

Gonehunting said:
yes. bad weather... actually spent the day at moms she lost her house. she lives about six mile north west of Tushka that's on the news. The one that hit the school on the news hit my mothers road and wiped out all 7 houses on it. I looks like a war zone. But everyone is ok there. One of these days we'll have to run these two head to head. :D
Sorry to hear your mom lost her house.... But that she is ok that is what counts......... So you are right in the war zone............... All we get up here is snow snow and more snow and this year about 3 months straight were the temp. did not get above freezing........................

Gonehunting said:
Keppy said:

I have been hunting for forty years !!!!,,,,you can come hunt behind me anytime there bud,,,,dont think you will find much left!!!!! :headbang:

artzstuff1 said:
Gonehunting said:
Keppy said:

I have been hunting for forty years !!!!,,,,you can come hunt behind me anytime there bud,,,,dont think you will find much left!!!!! :headbang:
:) if I'm ever in Illinois I take you up on that... Happy Hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back