AlaskaAng & Hubby Jim and best Friend Jacque in Alaska!

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AlaskaAng & Hubby Jim and best Friend Jacque in Alaska!

Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm back and sorry for not being so active on the forums these past couple years...we made our way back to Alaska (active duty USAF), stationed at Eielson AFB and hope to do some detecting both on base and off next spring.

I'm pictured here with my good friend Jacque and co-worker and the other two were taken in Valdez Alaksa during a Halibut Fishing trip. My husband Jim is pictured here.

I'm currently at Lackland AFB, Texas for the next 3-4 months; Jim is undergoing a stem cell transplant to hopefully cure a rare cancer called Multiple Myeloma, so any extra prayers you might have are sincerely welcome!

Happy Hunting!
AlaskaAng

Attachments

• Gala Gals!.JPG
    Gala Gals!.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Jim Valdez Alaska.JPG
    Jim Valdez Alaska.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 1,329
  • Chief\'s Halibut Trip Valdez Alaska.JPG
    Chief\'s Halibut Trip Valdez Alaska.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,317
Re: AlaskaAng & Hubby Jim and best Friend Jacque in Alaska!

Good to see you.Wow on the fishing trip.My prayers are sent for Jim.Both of you hang in there.God Bless.

Welcome to TNet, Senior!!!

Nice halibut pics too! I look forward to seeing your finds on here.

HH,
SgtSki

the land of plenty
god i want to move to AK
best fish's to ole man ;)

Angie,

These are some fabulous pics. One day you will look back on your life in the military and say, "that was the best years of my life". I know, I spent 28 years wearing AF blue. I hope everything turns out for the best with Jim, will keep y'all in my prayers.

;) RR

a-special-thank-you (2).jpg

Attachments

• a-special-thank-you (2).jpg
    a-special-thank-you (2).jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,178

Ange 1st off we send our bestwishes to you and your husband,hope everything turns out for the best.While my wife went to Ft.Sam for basic I killed some time by driving around and detecting empty quarters,If I remember right I found a silver dime at one and that was it for me.But I did find my 1st Confederate button north f you in Round Rock,Tx.
Love all the pics to,man I killed the silvers in Valdez this year for two day,brought home 100 pounds of fillets.Good luck to you while down there and go dig some relics,your in some old country down there.Daniel

Great Pics Ang----Prayers and best wishes for Jim.

Welcome to Mug Shots Senior Ang!

Prayers for Hubby Jim...

Looking forward to his recovery and your posts... stay strong and thank you for your service to your country.

Montana Jim (Retired AF Security Forces/24+years)

Welcome Ang. Hope your other half has good news to come. Prayers to you both.

Retired AF 24yrs

Welcome to T-Net Ang! My dad had Multiple Myeloma and my prayers are with you and Jim.

vicki

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, thoughts and prayers. Jim and I have a long road ahead of us; his transplant was postponed for about a month while he undergoes an Open Lung Biopsy to diagnose a possible infection. We hope to press with the transplant (his sister was a match!) after Thanksgiving.

The USAF is medically retiring him from active duty USAF after 27yrs (Chief Master Sergeant) on 3 December; I hope to have his retirment celebration when we return to Alaska next February.

Thanks again, you guys are the BEST!
Angie

great pics...........BTW, I don't see any oil lying around from the Exxon Valdez, only monster fish.

So much for a ruined environment,

Thanks for sharing............see ya mark

I spent four of my 20 yrs in the USAF at Eielson. Loved it there, I consider that to be the best assignment of my AF career. Best of luck to both of you and take care of the chief.

Great to see you and all the fun you have in Alaska....how beautiful it is.... :)

Best of luck in your hunts and most of all to your Husband....

~Hank 8)

Great to see you, Ang. It looks like you're an adventurous type. :)

My prayers go out to your husband....and I wish you both well.

Thank you all for your kind words; Jim is doing good...recovering from an open lung biopsy surgery last Tuesday. Hope to be discharged on Sunday and finally get the transplant on the 29th.

The USAF is medically retiring him on 3 Dec; a sad day for him after 27 yrs active duty! Not the way he wanted to go out! Oh well. I follow him in retirement in 1.5 yrs! Can't wait to get back to my home town of Galena Illinois, build our home and do some detecting in my historical town!

HH,
Angie

Very nice pics Angi. Tell Jim to hang in there .My father had cancer in 1992 and they told him it looked bad but here he is in great health at the age of 73 . He thinks he is 45 but he has to admit that he is slowing down after a couple of hours of yard work.Tell Jim that we thank both of you all for your service and I sure liked the pic of the halibut. Made my mouth water.

Thanks Birdman!

Cancer is a nasty enemy...some overcome others give up...Jim will overcome this and soon be digging my holes and recovering treasure soon! I bought him an XLT so he could join me on the NC beaches (we were once stationed in NC); he loved working the beaches especially after a storm...said it was the easiest detecting he'd ever done! Your Dad is an amazing survivor and I pray he has many more years to enjoy life with his family.

AlaskaAng

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back