Agricultural silver/enamel disc

on.off

Aug 1, 2014
new york city
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is an interesting silver & enamel disc. i thought it was a love token type coin at first but i am not 100% sure due to the unusual sheen of the silver. it is about the size of a US quarter.

the front is engraved and enameled with a fellow holding a scythe and standing next to a jug. in the background is a haystack with a pitchfork and rake. the sun is very prominent.

the back is plain except for two stubs where pins or rods had once been attached.

does anybody recognize this as a specific image (i thought maybe it was a state seal, but nothing matches that i could see)? also, i couldn't quite figure out its function--i don't believe it is a piece of jewelry, it seems to have been made to attach to or be mounted on something.

agric1.jpg

agric3.jpg

here is an interesting silver & enamel disc. i thought it was a love token type coin at first but i am not 100% sure due to the unusual sheen of the silver. it is about the size of a US quarter.

the front is engraved and enameled with a fellow holding a scythe and standing next to a jug. in the background is a haystack with a pitchfork and rake. the sun is very prominent.

the back is plain except for two stubs where pins or rods had once been attached.

does anybody recognize this as a specific image (i thought maybe it was a state seal, but nothing matches that i could see)? also, i couldn't quite figure out its function--i don't believe it is a piece of jewelry, it seems to have been made to attach to or be mounted on something.

View attachment 1077677

View attachment 1077678
Maybe it something along the line of one of these..........
Flasher Vintage Flicker Pinback Button Let's Make Hay While The Sun Shines | e

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back