Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill just get to it !! This is the total of fridays and Saturdays finds. The keys are scoured clean so put away the detector and use your eyes. Theres to much railroad iron and hurricane debri its a waste of time. Just explore and look around, and see whats been uncovered. Only about 10 percent of these finds came from detecting. Ok.... where do I start....
photo-663.JPG
photo-660.JPGphoto-661.JPG
photo-669.JPG

photo-665.JPG
There was everything from fossiles to jewelry !! Its like the moon no more sand in spots, only clay and rock, and henry Flaglers rail road !! I gave up with the detector and scooped lead out of tide pools by the handful. The terrain is crazy thing are still changing in spots. I picked up a couple dozen flagler railroad spikes, even a couple rail plates with spikes still in them. After some clad eyball finds I saw this awsome railroad switch box pad lock from the flagler rail road. After a wash and oil I know this thing will work if I had a key. I love the patina !!photo-671.JPGphoto-664.JPG as a beachcomber I cant pass on the natural treasures either had to pick up the "deer cowry" shell, also got fossils and crystalized coral specimensphoto-670.JPG I got a crushed small gold ring and a copper mood ring just laying with some clad all eyeballed.photo-667.JPG got a 37 buffalo nickel with the detector and then a galleon spike. Woo hoo !! All of a sudden I see this embedded in the clay.photo-666.JPG uuuuhhh....I have no idea. Snuff box lid, jewelry box lid, back of a mirror, railroad related ? Its all hand made and hammered. There are 2 galleons within a few miles ? It could also be a pier one import furniture art or somthing it just feels like the real deal. I will load more pics after download.photo-662.JPG good lord the kingtides and wind are working as hard as the hurricane was we had 40 kts on Friday. When the water settles and gets clear there should be some nice pickings !! Its got to be good.

Upvote 23
I want to buy a ticket to the keys now! Incredible finds, I can't believe that they are almost all eyeball finds!

photo-675.JPG hammered edge cant figure this one out ?
photo-674.JPG
photo-673.JPG coinman123 the hurricane really stripped back the layers, its crazy !!

Wow! No other words for it! That cowry is very nice, the lock, incredible and the lead....you probably won't have to sinkers for a long time to come.

Wow! No other words for it! That cowry is very nice, the lock, incredible and the lead....you probably won't have to sinkers for a long time to come.

Wish I knew someone with a newly aquired gold piece that needed a whole bunch of fishing sinkers. Lol !!

I've always loved walking around and "eye balling", found some good items from it, and the "eye balls" of course are re-chargeable, I simply engage in my second favorite hobby, "napping".

Absolutely a phenomenal gathering of finds...Congrats on a multitude of targets...soooo dang cool...:thumbsup:

Scrap that lead. You should be able to get fifty cents a pound or so.

The patina on that super cool old brass lock is over the TOP!:headbang: First rate relic with coolness oozing out all over. The oval mystery piece looks to be legitimately old and very cool as well. Nice scores on the Buffalo and gold ring but, as you stated the eyes HAVE IT!:hello2::icon_thumright:

Very cool, I love the old lock! There just has to be some more gold hiding in with all the lead. Good luck!

Steve

Dang Bill, that is a lot of finds just with your' eyes! What setting did you have them on?:laughing7: God forbid that you would ever use a metal detector.:dontknow: I think you found enough lead to make your' own personal radiation shield.

Frank

Im still on hurricane schedule, so I hope the wind calms and the water is clear. Gonna sart early tomorrow, hope to get in the water soon. Huge king tides on top of a hurricane a$$ beating, someone is gonna make a great find soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back