Added a spray bar system to the Keene A52 sluice box

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well a friend of mine had let me borrow his Keene A52 so I bought a jobe header box to power it up and never really liked the water flow from it just never was even, material in the middle would always hang up, so decided today to build a PVC spray bar system its 1" has adjustable flow valve 2.5hp pump running it works really good just getting the bugs out of it so here's a vid in action see what you think?

Nice job, I've done the same with mine. Got it indoors in a tub, running off a fish pond pump lol, Great job

thanks a lot hopefully we'll get some gold tomorrow!

the setup looks fine, BUT i would not glue the "T" !! id leave it so you can take it apart when you get a collection of sand up inside the spray bars, so you can clean it out. it will happen eventually, i found out the hard way! also, on that very "T" i refered to,id point it down towards the ground to keep someone from tripping on it. PVC when you run cold water through it makes that plastic brittel and cound snap very easily if "accidentally" by someone! i also learned the hard way about this and many more things when not needing anymore work,and many miles from home!nice flow out of that small and fairly quite pump!

ok that's a good suggestion because what i was thinking I needed to because the start the pressure had blew it apart a bit so put it back together and didn't happen again but that's why I was thinking I needed to glue it

yeah I noticed that's how they do it so yeah that's a good idea, i'm actually modifying my south Yuba mine sluice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back