Add the White stripe to my back

Hello fellow New Yorker :wink:

I never do quarters (maybe $200 total in the past year). Do you usually have any luck with them.

Thanks,
Jason

With a name like Mercury63 I would avoid the quarter boxes and go for the dimes. Doing this gives you a better chance of finding silver and keeping that stripe off your back.

Do the Brinks quarter boxes come in paper wrappers or clear?

65GT350

With no silver quarters in circulation for 43 years(other than broken proof sets), it is not a surprise how difficult quarters are to find pay dirt. The vending machine companies have had a lock on the quarters for years. The few coin collections that are dumped back into circulation cannot satisfy the hungry silver quarter searchers. The success rate for silver half searching is much higher. I know quarters are 90% ers but it is sure rare to find them in circulation. Cheers, Jim

Hey guys: In response to your questions/comments:

I have only done two boxes of Quarters myself with one silver quarter recovered (1950p in G4).

Thanks for the low down on the Quarters. The brinks wrappers are the clear plastic type. Depending on the way the light hits the rolls it always appears as if there is a silver or two within, but that is just the lighting, so I don't even tease myself by eyeing the rolls, I just get the coins out of the rolls and pray.

Yes, Halves seem like a good bet by nobody in my hood has any halves so I will have to order them. I do like the dimes and I think those will be my next two boxes.

I am still looking for my first Merc which would be nice, since I am sporting the nickname.

That sucks stinky... :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back