"Actually, our archeologists had some leads from historical records to help them find new evidence of a British shipwreck in the park."

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

300-year-old warship discovered off coast of Florida:​

A historic shipwreck in Florida was identified as a sunken British warship earlier this year in a remarkable discovery.

Dry Tortugas National Park in Florida has long been a popular spot for tourists, outdoorsman and history buffs. Home to Fort Jefferson, one of the largest and best preserved 19th century forts remaining, thousands of people visit the area annually.

Unknown to visitors and park managers alike, they were in proximity to the ruins of one of history’s most famous shipwrecks: the HMS Tyger. According to Dry Tortugas National Park, archeologists have identified the ship’s remains.

That's all a bunch of crap....that wreck has been known to everyone in the business and many locals for many many years !! OK maybe there wasn't smoking gun name on a timber type stuff, but yeah everyone has known where the HMS tiger was since it sank !! It's hype, and the archeology people have to get the credit since know one else is allowed to even touch a grain of sand in the dry Tortugas....they've had that whole park under total lock and key communist type rule for a long time....hell...nobody even remembers that the Rosario 1622 (sister to atocha) was wrecked at loggerhead key....next they'll rediscover that site and claim its a new discovery.....a field of olive jars, cannons and cannon balls, and all manner of other Spanish wreckage is still there just wasting away on the bottom on the "el africa reef" site....including 1200 8 reales were found there years and years ago. That boat was repaired and refloated, but not after everything on board was thrown over to refloat it. Let a generation or 2 die off and the secrets are lost ( or so you think) and then the Archie's can claim another major discovery (after reading some books) and finding new conclusive evidence!! The HMS Tiger sits on the reef to the east of the fort very close to the Anchorage where it always been known to be by fisherman, lobster trappers, and the old school spearfisheman of yesterday year !!😅🤣😂🤣😅🫡🫡🫡☠️☠️☠️

Last edited:
Just makes me sick that they can make claims like that....we all dove and sperfished that site since, since, since before my time....everyone new it was the tiger including treasure hunters like keevan, Jordan, and fisher !! Fore sure on that fact !! I speard fish there in 91, and thought I made the discovery 🤣🤣🤣 I was quickly told that's the HMS Tyger, and she was stripped clean of supplies and most things useful at the time it sank....there is another spot near it with Spanish material....they too grounded and had to jettison material to get free....the Spanish repelled an attack from the shipwrecked English who tried to capture the Spanish vessel and get off the Gardner key. The English burned it to keep the Spanish from getting anything. It's all very common knowledge in shipwreck circles and has been for eons !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back