Ace troubles?

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I took the Ace out for Sunday’s evening low. Not sure what happened, at the end of every swing it sounded a nickle then iron tone. Once it started it wouldn’t stop even with the coil five feet off the ground. I turned it off and back on, held the power button to reset to factory and when it came on it was in coin mode? It just wouldn’t stop sounding nickle and iron. I even pulled the batteries twice, and they only have six hours on them.

It worked good for the AM low tide and all I did was took it out of the Jeep, put it in the garage than put it back in the Jeep and hit the sand. The detector acted up in the dry, the wet and in the air. The only time it’s ever done anything close to this was when I got within four feet of a friends PI.

Oh yea I set the sense to two bars and to five bars, no difference.

Loose coil connector or wire. Run the coil wire strait up the shaft. Fasten it every 12 inches. If it's still acting up then put a set of fresh batteries in it. Don't raise your coil at the end of the swings.

Loose connector, now that’s something I didn’t check yet, Duuu 101. I did check the batteries but am prepared to change them, I won’t get to get back out until Saturday so I’m not sure if I’ll know if it’s ok or not until then.

Thanks khouse

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back