✅ SOLVED Abraham Lincoln button jewelry piece?

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I found this in an 1870's site yesterday. At first I thought it was a CW token but it seemed to small for that. Then I thought that somebody had made it into a button. After researching it a little today one reference thinks it to be just that a button or jewelry piece. Any idea on the Value of a small 1864 A. Lincoln Coin? I know for a fact that it isn't a modern commemorative as mentioned elsewhere. Everything I find out of this site is predominantly 1870's, with some 1860's mixed in the bunch, and very few 1880's items.

It is slightly smaller than a 3 cent piece. The date of 1864 on the obverse and 1865 on the reverse.

Thanks ,
IM

Attachments

• M 7-26-12b.JPG
    M 7-26-12b.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 161
  • M 7-26-12c.JPG
    M 7-26-12c.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 115
This gives it more credibility :) Great find!

civilwartokens.com/auction - Lincoln 1864 Silvered Brass 14mm VF AL 1864-81

It might be an 1864 campaign item like was mentioned in your link-

Do Unto OthersProject-Church of the Science of God

Posters, ribbons, ferrotypes, medals, and tokens prepared for the 1864 presidential campaign were visible everywhere. One medal was inscribed “A Foe to Traitors,” while another read “No Compromise with Armed Rebels.” An 1864 campaign ribbon captured the now clearly understood twin goals of the war: “Union and Liberty.” Another medal was inscribed “Freedom to All Men / War for the Union.” The theme of human rights was captured in tokens. One side read “Lincoln,” and on the other side was “Proclaim Liberty Throughout the Land.” Another read“Lincoln and Liberty” on one side and, on the other, “Freedom/Justice/Truth.”

Upvote 0
ticm - Thanks!

Bramblefield - Yes that does give it a lot of credibility! Thanks a bunch!!

IM

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back