Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Tremont to Hunt But the Field Need Mowed Yet

000aaamomt.jpg

so after some quick thinking I decided on Tower City Carnival Grounds & Ball Field.
When I arrived it was Being Mowed. But the Majority was already Done, So I Suite up.

1938 View was a Field Only.
The "Old Pool" Was the Recreation Area. See Far Right
1938.jpg
built 1922
DSCF0001(1).JPG

1958 view

1958.jpg
1949 a new pool was built just to the west
and 1951 the ball park was added
1953 the carnival grounds were added

1971 view Notice Plane in the NW Corner.
Was used by the Kids to play on, Sometime in the 70's Tower City Donated it to Fort Indian town Gap Military Reservation
1971.jpg

2016 view
0002017.jpg

Today

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF0019.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

My Trash

DSCF0032.JPG

Gas Rebate $1.17

DSCF0034.JPG

Buffalo, Undated. trying Nic-A-Date but no confidence on dug nickels

DSCF0023.JPGDSCF0024.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Upvote 25
Time well spent. I really appreciate how you show the site at varying times of its history :icon_thumleft:

Very nice place to hunt...nice Buffalo recovery! :occasion14:

no go on the date

a002.JPG
b0005.JPG

Nice Buff. I zoomed way in and my mind almost wants to see a date, 1938, then again is it 33 or maybe 23, donโ€™t know... Congrats!

Nice short hunt. The Buff is a cool dig. See you weren't ruling out anything seeing the pop tops. I do the same. GL out there.

Interesting example of research information! As well, a good example of Due Diligence Research!

Quite the site.
Scored a Buff , that'senough to not be skunked.

I cheered looking at the big trees. (Good place to fight roots.)

The pics of the field reduced the cheer real quick. Lots of ground there!

Looks like Indian Town Gap is still active. Quite a scene in 1975...
A foster brother went through there. As did many folks. 20,000 plus in 8 months.

I LOVE the photos! I always feel like I'm there when you post the great shots. That Buff is Sweet! Getting more and more rare these days - Congrats!:headbang::hello2:

Cool pics Im working on doing stuff like that for where I live. That looks like a cool place to hunt ,relaxing not a million people ect heres a dumb question whats that thing in the pic that looks like a robot cannon I cant enlarge it on my screen Great post my friend.

Sorry ? Robot Cannon ?

This ?

000dooo0.JPG

Night/Flood light trained on this ?

000ntitled.jpg

Attachments

• 000dooo0.JPG
    000dooo0.JPG
    533.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
the guns,

DSCF0019.JPG

I don't know, other then I would think anti aircraft from a ship :dontknow:

Look like something Ensign Parker, Would shoot Capt Remington's hat off with :tongue3:

Last edited:
I found a roll of dateless buffs I've had since I was a kid. I bought the nic-a-date and had a ball. It worked on all the nickels but they didn't come out of the ground. Nice pics of your hunting spots. Gary

Jeff ur not too far south from me...possibly going on a good hunt Sunday if ur interested!

Jeff ur not too far south from me...possibly going on a good hunt Sunday if ur interested!

Thanks _DIGGER ! Due to trying to make my Car last,
I Don't travel anywhere North of Fishers Ferry, Trevorton, Aristes, Mahanoy City,
unless someone else drives, and due to knee surgery, my driver (Nephew) Is out of Commission right now.

But thanks for the Offer, Drove to Moon Lake one time For a Black Diamond Treasure Hunters Club Hunt, and Burned My Engine Up on the way Back in Construction Traffic on 81. Has me Gun Shy :(

Last edited:
I found a roll of dateless buffs I've had since I was a kid. I bought the nic-a-date and had a ball. It worked on all the nickels but they didn't come out of the ground. Nice pics of your hunting spots. Gary

Yes The Ground Changes the Outside Coating. Makes them a Bit Porous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back