Abandon Ballpark Finds

hoosier hunter

Aug 20, 2005
Southern indiana
Went out this morning to an old ballfield that I recently discovered. I lived in this town for 18 years and never noticed this old ballfield before. I found several clad quarters,dimes & memorials cents. I found a 1944 quarter 5" deep right on top of the pitchers mound and a 1944-P war time nickel 5" deep in the out field. I couldn't believe this had not been hunted. Maybe it was just over looked?? Going back tomorrow to see what else might be there.

HH..
Hoosier Hunter.....

Attachments

• 8-27-05 finds of the day.jpg
    8-27-05 finds of the day.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0
Nice work ! I was born in 1944 and for the last couple of months the number 1944 has come up dozens of times on this forum. It's got to be an omen of something for me. Hope it's a good omen! I even got a 1944 quarter in change a couple of weeks ago at a convenience store. I'm not a believer in this hocus pocus stuff but this is really weird! JIM

Best of luck on your return trip !! -- Interresting how you start being more aware of what is around you when you start TH'ing? Find myself a little more distracted while driving through town -- thinking hmmm wonder if that would be a good spot.

Nice finds, you're gonna love that place! My best spot was an abandoned ball park that is now a county park. Dozens of wheats, almost a dozen Mercs, a few nickels, and only one quarter. Most were from the early 40's in mint condition. You will know it when you get to the right spot, all of my finds were in a 40' by 30' area that was next to the field, bleacher area i guess. Good luck!

Maybe not bleacher area but concession stand area...wtg. Where abouts in "hoosierland" are you..just wondering sinceI am in Indy.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back