NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted this in today's finds. I know who AAA is, but can't find out what ANARA stands for. You can see on the arrow on the bottom, it says "Knights of ANARA" There is a listing on fee bay for one just like it, but the seller doesn't have much info on it, only that it is a patrol pin. An approximate year would be nice too. It was 8 inches deep in a park that dates back to the mid 1800's, I don't think it's much older than the 20' or 30's. HELP.......BREEZIE!........NGE Oops, sorry. The pin is just a bit larger than a quarter.

Attachments

• knights of anara pin 1.jpg
    knights of anara pin 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 223
  • knights of anar a pin.jpg
    knights of anar a pin.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 202
  • knights of anara pin 1.jpg
    knights of anara pin 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 180
  • knights of anar a pin.jpg
    knights of anar a pin.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
I couldn't find much other than someone else looking for more info., it gives a little more than you have now-

http://tinyurl.com/4jtwls7

Who were the Knights of Anara?Recently found a metal pin and attached certificate presented to my Grandfather for serving three months on a Safety Patrol, that he "has repeated singly the Salute to the Flag," "has subscribed to the Knight's Pledge," and "has passed the examination on the State Traffic Code as supplied by the Automobile Club of Michigan and is now a Life Member of the Knights of Anara." My grandfather's brother remembers when they were growing up, around 8 years old that they were presented with these pins. The certificate is signed by somebody Rounds, who was a Grand Knight. There is also an address - 139 Bagley Avenue, Detroit, MI. Interestingly, there is also a Pledge on the back, it goes as follows:

As an arrow from the bow To its objective straight does go, So we loyal knights and true Do the job we have to do Protect the children, help the blind, Refuse dope and liquor which impairs the mind And we will run with flying feet To help small children cross the street.

I couldn't find anything on them in my search. Hope that you can help because I think this is something that I would like to find out about my Grandfather.

Thanks, Joshua Winchell

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back